Trance2MoveU

Smashed-Remix-EdPt2_zps410791ad.jpg

Artist: Various

Title: Smashed - Remix - Ed Pt. 2 EP

Label: Dropland Recordings

Date: December, 2012

1. Damage (A-Mush Remix)

2. Physical Matters (Magneto Remix)

3. Physical Matters (Brain Driver Remix)

So this is part 2 eh? Smashed gets other twilight artists to remix his tracks and puts them on an EP. The first one was outstanding so the bar is pretty high for number two. Let's see...Damage was on the Synthetic Alchemy and Another Dimension compilations whilst Physical Matters...hell I don't know where that track came from, but the two remixes here make a total of three that I know of.

The A-Mush remix is such a bad ass acid banger that I don't even mind the very cliched build up. C'mon man, use your imagination. You were this close to detonation.

Magneto had an album called Scope that was another acid ripper and he continues that trend. Layer upon layer of the sticky icky whilst the bass line pounds away like a relentless migraine.

Brain Driver tackles Physical Matters as well with a good break and sounds that make you think you're walking through a hallucination.

Good acid monkey poo flinging with thumping bass lines. Couple that with dark atmospheres and you've got a nice EP on your hands.

Yes I used whilst twice in this short review. I don't know if it's correct English. I'm not from England.

Beatport

Mdk