the great "tsuyoshi"

somebody can tell me where and how i can downlaod some tracks of the biggest trance artist a.k.a tsuyoshi suzuki

i will might exchange something for the tracks if you want so!!!

Guest Dr. Krelm

All you people need to be slapped....Tsuyoshi rocks! ;)

Anyways, there is currently a *legal* download of a set he played recently on a radio show available on www.djmixes2k.com. Good set, although a little more goa than I would expect from him nowadays.

His BTSD 3 mixed CD (probably available on psyshop) is also a wonderful piece of work.

QUOTE Dr. Krelm:

"His BTSD 3 mixed CD (probably available on psyshop) is also a wonderful piece of work."

What he really means here folks is that the cd is a wonderful piece of crap.

DT.

one of my fav tracks of his and indeed favorite tracks EVER is

Alien Pets - Free Tibet mix (under guise Prana)

oh my god that track is good , the stuff he is currently releasing makes me fucking sick ... no better than hardhouse , and that is very bad indeed.

Guest Dr. Krelm

"What he really means here folks is that the cd is a wonderful piece of crap."

One man's crap is another man's gold. Personally, I think it is a great CD. Not psytrance, but still fun on occasion.

The stuff he is doing now is a bizarre cross between psytrance, hardhouse, techno, progressive, rock....cool stuff, IMO, and for sure a combination of styles nobody else is playing with. But I don't expect everybody else to agree with me. For some reason, people's loathing of Tsuyoshi seems to go beyond simply not liking his music, but being personally betrayed and offended that he doesn't make/play GOA trance like he used to anymore.

Anyways, I'm off-topic....wasn't this thread originally about pirating music or something? ;)

"For some reason, people's loathing of Tsuyoshi seems to go beyond simply not liking his music, but being personally betrayed and offended that he doesn't make/play GOA trance like he used to anymore."

EXACTLY!!! He was one of the goatrance pioneers, he can't change like that!!! Not only that he puts out crap today, but he seems to deliberately want to ruin the old Prana sound by making it crap!! Did anyone hear the Joujouka remix of Taiyo on Sounds of the Sun? CRAP!!! He should be shot in the head for that alone!!!!

SMI²LE

Guest Psionic

The stuff he is doing now is a bizarre cross between psytrance, hardhouse, techno, progressive, rock....cool stuff, IMO, and for sure a combination of styles nobody else is playing with. But I don't expect everybody else to agree with me. For some reason, people's loathing of Tsuyoshi seems to go beyond simply not liking his music, but being personally betrayed and offended that he doesn't make/play GOA trance like he used to anymore.

your wrong dude, if you have seen him at a party and actually clear the floor like he did when i saw him numerous times in japan you would realize that he plays complete bollox and thinks of himself as a new found rockstar.

Guest djcl.ear

What a threaded thread.

Ok, firstly I understand that each one is entitled to have his/hers/its opinion.

But from expressing those, to become offensive ...there is a long distance.

I mean, anyone may like to express dissapointment,

And with the best mood I have to make an strong effort to interpret as

dissapointment the following remarks:

"but being personally betrayed and offended that he doesn't make/play GOA trance like he used to anymore" or "Not only that he puts out crap today, but he seems to deliberately want to ruin the old Prana sound by making it crap!!" and more.

If I try to put myself in the shoes of those who expressed that...I receive the idea that I(they) would have to be really expecting a lot¡¡¡ to be such dissappointed. I would had to like much or to have a lot of me put into that music/experience...

...And from there, I come out and I can also see that whatever you are blaming him of, he's not more guilty than most of us.

Hey, look at yourself and those close to you and who did most in his life to solve things around???... issues(life and convivence and work and etc) were all around and many were not faced...by me by you by him...and still are not... so who is not guilty to come out now and blame others???

Yesterday I was reading of the phase that the Juno Reactor man had around1998 of "becoming ill when listened to the same boring beat" or something lke that... and I completely understood. But not SOLELY because of the music... the full change that has been going around US, has been quite heavy...

...And this energy with others...why to project our own frustration on other??

How is TSU going to play a Dj set facing some hatred like that???that's difficult...possible but difficult...specially if he is trying to experiment radical new things...and you know that whatever prpared your set is for it to "clik", needs both dancers and Djs...And some hatred and violence can be LOUD at sensitive spaces, probably like that dancefloor...

If he is doing other kind of music(gold for some, crap to others)he'll get a different audience somewhere...maybe even with some trance people. Yes not you above, that was strongly stated already.

I mean if I dont like it, I feel free to go. And ego trips? there are many kinds; overt, covered, disgusting to me or not, whatever... and I choose what kind of those I am with...

Took me some time to realize that I have no right to judge...and to see that I am really free to moove.

To Tsuyoshi..., at least I'll be eternally thankfull for incredible moments...like that one that I can barely approach it...but is was before sunrise and the blueish colors of the early morning were just dazing around the seashore, the hills and houses and the children games on the sand close to us ...and that was a distant view, because our minds and selves were far into galaxies flying like wind in the "Indigo" swirls that Pearce was spiceing at Arica late 94.

Or three years later 1996-7?, while dancing in the morning to the funny and happiest moments in trance with...was it "Mumble" and "Rumble" fusing dub and breaks and trance and light and we felt like kids and were delighted by the surprise of the new rooms and spaces still ahead...

Thanks man...your art has a deep place in some of us, I know.

He's been way off the mark for a long time. This is not news. Matsuri went to shit a long time ago when he started releasing shit. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course. And his newer stuff may appeal to some, but for me, I have avoided anything that guy is associated with for years now because it's not psy and it's not that good otherwise. It's mostly dull, experimental, and annoying. It's a shame because he used to make and mix nice cd's. My favorite track by him is "Alien Pets." That was a wicked song.

• 3 weeks later...