new psy trance artist, need your guys opinions!

do you guys think the new psy trance artist sound too cheesy and too clubbish??? like these guys, i do not like them and they all sound same;

eskimo, protoculture, CPU, silicon sound, ect.... it might just be me but do you guys have the slightest hunch that psy trance is moving in the wrong direction????

CPU and Silicon sound by my opinion have a great music.

moving in the wrong direction?i dont think so,i just think the scene become bigger and bigger.......

you should focus on skazi,astrix,nomad....they're the hottest thing now and they leading the psytrance to a better direction.

skazi,astrix HOT?? BETTER?

I and so many others are so sick of their sound... No innovation enymore and 100 groups doing exactly the same thing... that music is almost NOT psychedelic, simple layers, not too much going on... I miss the MADNESS!

Guest ritual om

hahahahaha skazi and astrix the leaders to a better direction!!!!!!!

hahahahahahahhahahahah

god forbid.man have u heard hallu gnotr deedrah psychaos pleiadians?

listen to these and u'll understand that the new(yes it's totally new and different)scene has to offer ONLY a better sound quality.

NOTHING absolutely NOTHING else.

first of all that was my example of a new generation.....

personaly i love absolum,talamasca,GMS,Cydonia(a specially the track"screaming darkness"),psysex..........the list is just to long to beging with.

about my comment above,they are the hottest thing now,either if i like it or not,personaly i do think Anoebis was right,i do sick of the sounds they doing(pretty much all the same)i was more refering to parties,cause astrix is one of the most busiest artist at the moments and i know it cause i saw his booking list online.....

but again i agree with Anoebis!

i miss the madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLUR :)))))))))))))

Guest Slidingtrancer

I find it such a shame artists use the same sounds all over again in a slightly different setting and call it a different song....

I think it's time for the Pleiadians to have an offering...

Guest nomolos

ahhhhhhhhhhh the good old days...haldolium degua,x dream radio,tristan small paper squares etc. etc......never to be back again :(

but...check out swedish and german minimal...the only new music that respects the scene...and some scandinavian horror trance a bit to busy but still totaly PSYCADELIC.

have a nice TRIP.

Nomolos.

Guest Namalimi

As nomolos said, the good ol' days... never to be back again :(

Nowadays we have at least more than 2 psytrance derivates: minimal-psy, full-on-psy, progressive-psy, tech-psy, and who knows what the future is going to bring to this lovely scene... Time is not the best friend yo!! ;)

I used to get crazy when I listened to GMS, Talamasca, Hallucinogen and similar artists... That magic is almost null this days :(

BUT there are people (artists, labels...) interested in psychedelia yet!!

You can still have magic and fun if you listen to new projects! Who knows... Maybe you find a second chance in this fast-evolving scene!! ;)

I'm a mexican experimental electronic musician, always looking for freshness and creativity, and I can tell you that

-THERE IS PSY FOR A WHILE YET- (mexican common phrase, applied to psy)

My favorites at this moment: AKD, Wizzy Noise, X-Dream, The Delta, Phony Orphants, Vibrasphere, and coming, always coming ;)

Have a nice life, a nice time.

• 2 years later...

As nomolos said, the good ol' days... never to be back again :(

Nowadays we have at least more than 2 psytrance derivates: minimal-psy, full-on-psy, progressive-psy, tech-psy, and who knows what the future is going to bring to this lovely scene... Time is not the best friend yo!! ;)

I used to get crazy when I listened to GMS, Talamasca, Hallucinogen and similar artists... That magic is almost null this days :(

BUT there are people (artists, labels...) interested in psychedelia yet!!

You can still have magic and fun if you listen to new projects! Who knows... Maybe you find a second chance in this fast-evolving scene!! ;)

I'm a mexican experimental electronic musician, always looking for freshness and creativity, and I can tell you that

-THERE IS PSY FOR A WHILE YET- (mexican common phrase, applied to psy)

My favorites at this moment: AKD, Wizzy Noise, X-Dream, The Delta, Phony Orphants, Vibrasphere, and coming, always coming ;)

Have a nice life, a nice time.

56039[/snapback]

yes there is maybe smithing wrong with the scene when one of the best cds of past few months is the xdream best off... and yes the fucking israli scene has had its day... but its unfair to say that there is nothing great coming through... in my opinion progressive is another thread in electronic music... its no longer psy trance... of course some of it is sitll great... colours... genius... but its the new s.america stuff... mehico... etc where its at.. and the new tallent in e.europe... the equiptment may be basic but they are putting in a good face.... forget the russian bollox sound.. (israel link..) this is good and full on and psycadelic... soulclipse wasnt solipse hungary... that was what is is about.... ! light peace and psycadelica... robx

and of course there is always eskimo!!!!

Guest antic

I always wonder how come people respond to a thread after it's been inactive for 3 years? Admit it Rob - you were searching for "Skazi" threads! :o:P:D

And welcome to the forum, I see you're from Poland too :)