Diamond Sky Concept [psytrance & goa]

DiamondSkyConcept

Hey guys

I'm still new to making Psychedelic Trance and started my soundcloud page in October.

I've listened to goa/psytrance for 2 years now and can't get enough of it! So when first ideas came to my head I thought I should get creative.

There are seven songs online, I hope some of you might like a couple of these although the mastering is improvable.

As I still have a few listeners and followers I would be very happy if you shared the music or commented on it.

http://www.soundcloud.com/diamondskyconcept

First of all, don't mind the mastering. You, as an artist, don't need to master. First learn to mix your songs. The most important thing regarding mixing, in my opinion, is setting your levels of each audio track. I've got a feeling that you 've put all the levels of each bus in a way that everything is equally loud (or you got a nasty limiter on the master bus, in that case get rid of it, you don't need it, whatever youtube tutorial you have seen. You want to make goa trance, not commercial fucked up electro or dubstep am I right). The result of that is that there is some clipping, and a lack of dynamics. Imagine it's like having a conversation with someone who always has the same tone of voice, and is speaking constantly on the same volume - that's not nice to hear. Because when he screams, it sounds as loud as when he whispers. No dynamics = no IMPACT = no ups and downs = no life in it. It's the same with music.

Musically I think there are some good things in it. But I really don't like the kick, it's way too digital and doesn't have a good oomph. It's partly my taste as well but it could have more low mid. The melodies are quite all right actually, it has a sort of playful suomisaundi feel to it. But it needs a bit more variation, and maybe a bit more 'rest' in the middle, like 4:18 but without the melodies in the higher octaves. Just keep practising and listening to the artists who you think have an interesting sound, this can be promising.