Jean Michel Jarre

Guest Alien Aerodrome

For me Jean Michel Jarre is the creator of electronic music scene and he's a brillant artist... I've a big respect for him and i think many electonic's artists too...

His live and concerts are magnific... Noise and Lights, great great great !

Jean Michel Jarre !! There is a brillant musician !!

What do you think about Jean Michel Jarre ?

Peace

Alien Aerodrome <> Ludo

he used to be one of the best electronic music artists in the seventies and early eighties but he is not the founder of electronic music.

take a look at klaus schulze or tangerine dream for that issue.

nowadays j.m.j has a lot of money to create big events with a phantastic lightshow and so on. but his music totally lacks in inspiration. it's just random noise.

my 2 cents

Guest Otto Matta

You have to go farther back than Schulze to find the origins of electronic music. Jarre is one of a kind, for sure. Alien Aerodrome, if you like Jarre's stuff you'd probably like Vangelis' early work from the seventies and early eighties. :)

Guest Alien Aerodrome

Ok thanks Otto Matta i've listen vangelis and i like... Very ambient, very relaxing... I like. Dou you know Steve Roach ?? Steve roach is a great musician of space music, ambient and meditative... Very good Steve Roach.

Try it if u don't know.

Spiritual, Peace, Light and Unity

French Kiss

Ludo

Guest Bahamut

Jarre and Vangelis made the most famous synth classics, which are very nice of course, but I prefer Berlin school music: Schulze, Tangerine Dream and some others.

I think Vangelis and Jarre also have earlier works than their classics. They all started with electronic music around the same time (late 60ies/early 70ies).

Guest Alien Aerodrome

yes yes yeah !!! i've listen some of klaus schulze's musics and i love... It looks like at Steve Roach, very dark and relaxing ambient music. Great meditative :)

Peace

• 10 months later...

I knew that this thread would still exist!

So I'm gonna bring it back up :)

nowadays j.m.j has a lot of money to create big events with a phantastic lightshow and so on. but his music totally lacks in inspiration. it's just random noise.

Harsh words. I wouldn't say that. Jarre has changed, that's a fact, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Metamorphoses is very different to Oxygene (though some tracks aren't that much at all - Millions Of Stars for example), but I still like it - and C'est La Vie is an absolute gem IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...