Artist: Rabdom L

Title: Augment EP

Label: Nexus Media

Date: May, 2012

1. Daywalker (Rabdom L Remix) - Cybernetix Vs. Rabdom L

2. Master of the Krusha (Rabdom L Remix) - Khopat Vs. Rabdom L

3. Ionosphere (Rabdom L Remix) - Deliriant Vs. Rabdom L

4. Firestorm - Rabdom L

This is Craig Hudson who is 1/3 of the Twisted System project (time for a new album wouldn't you say gentlemen?) with his 2nd EP on Nexus Media. If it's Nexus media, the style is atmospherically dark and thumping. What we've got are 4 tracks three of which are remixes of his own stuff. The promo on Beatport says a chunky blast of sounds and colors. I like chunky.

Posted Image

What's that? Oh. It said crunchy.

Well I like that too.

And you get that static electricity crunch that stays true to the Nexus Media model. Daywalker (aren't we all daywalkers?) is from the Tevatron EP by Cybernetix back in 2010 and I can't tell them apart. Kinda like if you look at people from the third floor of a Tokyo building. Unless you're talking about the young kids with their psychedelic hair and just to be different dress, but the ninjas and samurai walking the street hate them anyway. The original was good so by the distributive property this is also.

Master of the Krusha is from 2011's Aricebo Chronicles and as I mentioned when I reveiwed that album I would swear he lifted parts of it directly from the Nightmare Creatures video soundtrack. In which case we can arrange a deal for my silence. Once again this is like looking in a mirror. If there are differences between the tracks they appear to be slight. Maybe the original sounds gritier and more aggressive so I think I prefer that one.

I don't know where Ionosphere is from but it's more of the same acid and laser combo which I usually really like. Not bad, but not great either.

Firestorm is the only one that isn't a remix. Good eerie setting that brings back the days of acid rain deluging you in buckets. Not quite that good, but closer than further.

I liked it but if you have the Tevatron EP, or Aricebo Chronicles there really isn't a reason to purchase this EP. The third track was ok and the fourth was good, but if you're looking for Twisted System insanity better cue up your old Dealers album. However if you don't have any of those, then by all means you'll get your acid fix.

Beatport

Mdk