"V/A - Progressive Classics Vol.1"

prog4all

Posted Image

Title: Progressive Classics Vol.1

Label: Iono Music

Date: 24-08-2012

Style: Progressive Trance

Tracklist:

01. Kaempfer & Dietze - Shear Force (Jerome Isma-ae & Daniel Portman Remix)

02. Minoru - Upload

03. Frogacult - All Seasons (Freq's third Remix)

04. Nyquist - Ghostrider

05. Funky Dragon - Yellow Summer

06. Timedrained - Sacha

07. Midimal - Over & Out (Klopfgeister Remix)

08. Time in Motion - Shadowgaze

09. Sinister Silence vs. Sartil - Heaven and Hell

10. Andromeda - Sensations (Aquafeel Remix)

11. Suntree - Comparable Worlds

12. ARW - Searching For New Levels

13. MUTe - Space n Time (Ritmo Remix)

14. Egorythmia - Distant Point

15. Ritmo - Practical

16. Flegma & Nerso - Altitude (with E-Clip)

17. Ovnimoon - Galactic Mantra (With Via axis and ItomLab)

18. Protonica - Airflow (Live Edit)

19. Ritmo - Rapture (Gaudium Remix)

20. Motion Drive - Heart Of The Sun

I was waiting for this release a little while now. When they announced it I had a good look at the tracklist and immediately decided I had to get my hands on it. A lot of great Iono classics are on here, including some of my all time favorites. All bundled in to one album, how great! Now as there are 20 tracks on this album, I will comment on those that deserve the attention. It's just gonna take to long otherwise.

It starts of light, with a remix for Kaempfer & Dietze's (aka Protonica) Shear Force. It's a combination of progressive trance and a touch of house music. If you ask me this one goes down really well, great way to get this VA going from the start. I had a fun time listening to All Seasons (Freq Third Remix), but I couldn't call this a special track that has a lot to offer, it's to chaotic for me. A lot going on, but I don't feel like this one is really going somewhere.

Over & Out is a great track. Klopfgeister is all about going straight forward, no weird interruptions or unnecessary brakes. Very catchy since the melody stays in my head. This Midimal track is remixed by Flegma & Nerso and Seven11 as well and I can't say any of the remixes disappointed me. Shadowgaze is another lovely one. Great follow up from the last track, it matches really well. Time In Motion really did a great job, some fine relaxing progressive trance this is.

Comparable World is one of the many songs that did it for me. Suntree delivered some solid stuff. It's a track to stomp the ground with, still it's kind of dreamy and I think the combination is what makes this a good track. Distant Point by Egorythmia is a much darker track than the others and it's one of the better ones from this release. I can say the same for Practical. It sounds smooth to my ears and so do a lot of other Ritmo tracks actually.

So far some wonderful tracks but in my opinion Jensson kept the best for last. Altitude, by Flegma, Nerso and E-Clip was already one of my favorite tracks. It was released on there album Opposite, together with a bunch of other beauties. But it fits in just as well on this release. It's heavy, hypnotic with a lot of appropriate echoing and it gives you the feeling like there is plenty of room for everything in this track. I swear, every time I hear this song I can't stop moving. Perfect, what else can I say.

Airflow is another one that clearly stands out. Again moving as forward as you can while remaining tight and sharp. I love it when you get the feeling there is a destination this track is heading to. What more do you want from Protonica, one of there best tracks if you ask me.

Heart Of The Sun is in one word breathtaking. I know I have mentioned to have a lot of favorites in some reviews, but this is for sure in my top 3 of all time favorite tracks. Possibly even the best. It's hard since I have a shit load of music, but I have listened to this one so often and every time it stays special. It gives me a sunny morning time vibe and it's like I'm actually heading to the heart of the sun. Motion Drive keeps things interesting from the beginning, slowly building it up giving me a warm melting feeling. Then just as you think things couldn't get better, after about 4 minutes he brings things down a little and continues to go all the way after that. Words can't describe the beauty of this track. Couldn't think of a better way to end this compilation.

My advice? If you are in to progressive and you enjoy the more modern Iono sounds, I would get this VA. Just for the best tracks I described it's worth buying in my opinion, let alone some of the other ones. I experienced a lot of variation between lighter, heavier and darker progressive, so there's always something for everyone!

Iono Shop:

http://www.ionomusic...&shop=343&D=409