Recommendation of the day

Guest neurogen

Guest neurogen

hello

I create this thread to highlight one special and possibly unique VST/RTAS/AU we use atm.

It can be old or new it doesnt matter, but it is something you really enjoy ans find to be very good.

plugins only please, no instruments in this thread :)

And only one at a time.

Please give good reason for your recommendation.

I will go first.

Izotope Ozone 5

Ive tried Ozone in the past, many years ago, and couldnt find any good use for it. It took up quite much cpu and didnt sound too good.

But the version 5 is actually really really good. They worked the old one over very much and it sounds awesome.

The effect is mild on the original sound so you do not lose your unique sound you have created, as you do with many other Exciters and Imagers.

The Exciter in this mod is awesome, it does exactly what you excpect. And it sounds really soft and clean.

The maximiser mod is also very very good for that extra dB.

the imager.. This one is my favorite.

It has everything you ever want in a Stereo Expander / Extender / Virtualiser.

It can make any sound to become perfectly phat and wide just the way you want it.

And again, the effect is soft and clean and do NOT destroy the original audio. It sounds very very good!!

For example I always use this on my basslines now. Its just awesome. Sounds really professional.

Then there is a Dynamics mod also, which I havent tried yet.

Ozone 5 is now the biggest arsenal in my post production.

http://www.izotope.c...ts/audio/ozone/

I will definately buy this piece of software as soon as I get paycheck as I really really enjoy it, and dont wanna use the warez version of this anymore since its just that good.

Looking forward to hearing your recommendations and I hope you enjoy mine!

Thanks

Fabfilter Pro-Q is my favorite EQ by a long mile and I don't really ever use anything else these days for that particular job. The interface is gorgeous and easy to use, it has loads of useful features like built in spectrum analyser with gain reduction view, an m/s mode, sharp hi and low pass filters which actually work, it's very good on system resources and it sounds great.

Unfortunately it costs a fair bit, but it's worth every penny.

Guest neurogen

Fabfilter Pro-Q is my favorite EQ by a long mile and I don't really ever use anything else these days for that particular job. The interface is gorgeous and easy to use, it has loads of useful features like built in spectrum analyser with gain reduction view, an m/s mode, sharp hi and low pass filters which actually work, it's very good on system resources and it sounds great.

Unfortunately it costs a fair bit, but it's worth every penny.

awesome, i was looking for just that!! a GOOD eq with filter.

atm I am using Waves Req which is good but not excellent.

Among many other things, Ableton's operator is really good for bass. Being able to have control over the harmonic content directly instead of relying on EQ is really handy to keep a bass sound consistent across keys. The envelopes are also very tight. The ladder filter is particularly good for this job.

Guest neurogen

Thanks for tip about fab pro eq im using it all the time.

It is very appealing and nice to use!!

However i dont think it sounds as good as dao precision or the magical sounding eq from ssl . I wish it would but at least its better than waves req.

Thanks .

Guest neurogen

Tip of the day: waves LoAir

Type: harmonic sub freq .. thingamagig.

It is absolutely wonderful.

It does exactly what you think. It adds air or decay if u will to the subwoofer frequencies of the bass.

I might be using incorrect terms here cus im not entirely sure how it works.

All i can say it is nothing like an eq and nothing like for example waves bass.

It just adds magical air to for example kick drum and bassline.

It sounds completely awesome and totally cheese free and you have full control over its effects.

I suggest using the Harmonic sub mastering preset. Then choose appropriate frequency it sounds best 30 - 100 hz but depends on sound.

Then control the second air knob to adjust leaving the first air knob at 0.

Happy airing :P

• 3 weeks later...