Elysium... Question for ya

Guest lifeform

I just noticed you did a track with Space Cat... Now i always wondered how these joined projects between two different acts worked out.

Do you just go to their place or they come to yours and hang out for like a week and write a track? Do you do it in just one day? Explain to me, i'm curious. Detailed!

Guest Elysium Project

I am not going to give you a long an detailed answer.

I see no interesting aspect in that I meet Avi in Israel. So do thousand of other people! Let the music speak for itself.

Just as people agree to meet for a dinner we agreed to meet in his studio! There's no special history about that.

Also it is very different from project to project how long time it takes to write a track.

It's all up to how inspired you feel and if the other person can inspire you.

Guest lifeform

You missed the entire point man. I was just using Space Cat as an example, and how you guys go about writting a track. Do you both start writting before you met up and throw your ideas together, or do you start from scratch?

Guest Elysium Project

We start from scratch :-) Maybe we bring some samples ect. but that's all!

It's hard to sit here and describe how you write the tracks. It depend on the situation and the people you work with. Each recording session is different from the other.

Guest lifeform

Well you answered my question. I didn't expect you to sit back and tell me every step.. Just wanted to know how the song got seperated between 2 people. If one started a track and the other comes in and lays some parts down or whatever. but you got me clued. Thanks.

Guest Elysium Project

No I am not unhappy :-) Sometimes I just get tired of the same questions over and over again!

It's deffinently not anything personal against you lifeform but imagine you almost everyday get new e-mails with the same questions.... I am pretty sure at one point you also would get tired of it. I know it comes with the territory of making music and being known for the music you make but I am only human and somedays I feel like answering every question comming my way - some days I don't!

I also try to be as openminded as possible toward people and to share my expereince - and learn from other people - If I didn't I wouldn't be in this forum!

Hope you understand.