Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest (begining July)

Trunksan

Hi guys,

after FINALLY having a government in Greece, I can relax and begin planning my summer vacations with my girl...

I guess Central Europe isn't really what most people think for "Summer holidays" but I live only 5 minutes from the sea and less than an hours drive to some lovely beach bars, so the "sun and the sea" is my summer routine, so I seek other stimuli.

I know we've got a few people in the forum from those countries (Austria and Hungary), where inter-cirty travel is really easy, so I'm just looking for some local knowledge on what to do while there. Not just for parties... just anything really, I enjoy a lot of different things, from trance, getting drunk and hiking to ballet and musicals.

I don't know my exact dates yet but I will be the first 15 days of July. My plan is 5 days in Vienna, 3 Days in Bratislava and 5 days in Budapest.... not necessarily in that order and not necessarily only in those cities, I wouldn't mind taking a day trip to another city or some natural landmark that is close and worth visiting.

AND BEFORE YOU START ALL THE JOKES ABOUT GREEKS BEING BANKRUPT AND HOW I CAN AFFORD SUCH A TRIP............ I'LL ANSWER IT MYSELF:

1) Flights to Vienna are free... I've been collecting miles on my Lufthansa Miles and More program for 5 years, so now on these difficult economic time it's the perfect time to use them

2) I've got a friend in Wien so I'll stay at his place while there

3) The HUF is really cheap against the euro

4) We are not unempolyed (although my GFs salary has been slashed 40% and mine 10%)

5) I work in a bank so I've got plenty of credit, I'm good at financial planning and even better at budget travelling

Finally, Austrians and Slovaks should be happy that I'm pulling my Euros from under my matress and returning them to the lending source!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi my Greek naighbour, those places are great, especially Hungary. i liek Hugary a lot, the landscape in Hungary is beautiful, it looks mediteranian and altough it is a flat country it still looks great. Vienna or Wien is also very nicen, never been in the town myself, but the landscpae is good looking there. I don#t know about Bratislava though. You may consider going to holiday in bulgaria sometime, there are great mountain valleys in the rila mountain where you can enjoy going to really great mountains landscapes that are not far away from the Greek border.

Anyway, i am happy you are well off in Greece and i wish Greece all the best, since I like the country and have big respect fro Greeks and the music they produce, so Greece is a beautiful country and should recover from the crysys in my opinion.