3. Origins (Album Edit)

4. Scope

5. Unusual Signs

6. Dips of memory

7. Quick Road

8. Fractal Syndrom (vs A-Mush)

9. Madness Planet

Posted Image

Toddlers are a fickle bunch. For months my son was into Yo Gabba Gabba. Watched it all the time, sometimes the same episode over and over. Then one day he looks at me and says,"Wanna watch a Team Umizoomi."

What? Are you kidding me? What am I supposed to do with the 50 f*cking Gabba Gabba episodes on the DVR?

I'll give you another one, and anyone with kids can relate to this. For a year the boy cultivated a love affair with bananas. Always wanted one, no matter the meal, throughout the day. Then all of a sudden he looked at me like I was crazy for offering it to him. Couldn't give one away if the monkey was still attatched to it.

Point is, they like what they like when they like it. When I write reviews it's a long process, but rarely is it done in front of the computer. Sure I could do it in my Mission Impossible car, but it's in the shop. Nope, the lion's share of them are pretty much conceived when I'm doing my daily routine.

Just like this one. It wasn't until I played it a few times for my son that this review came to me.

Fractal Records has been on a bit of a roll lately. Arecibo Chronicles Vol. 1 and Fractal Energy Vol. 4 were both quality exercises in the twilight genre. This is Vlad Krivoshein from Russia who's kicking it in Israel lately. Working on the peace process I reckon. Well, in his spare time he creates some pretty good music. I will tell you why this will appeal to the two year old in all of us. And no, it's not an insult. It's real life.

Posted Image

I don't know a two or three year old that likes to be stationary. I don't think they know how. This music put my kid into overdrive. It's high energy psytrance with a buttload of lasers and intensity. Definitely will get the blood pumping. He was jumping and shaking uncontrollably like a member of NAMBLA running a daycare. Yikes...that might be too far. How about after a coffee milkshake.

Please don't take my kids away....

Reason number two this is a hit with the toddler set is this...

Posted Image

I don't know a kid that doesn't like to get a little dirty. They can't help themselves. You could put them in a room with nothing but a floor and four walls and some how the little bastard would come out with chocolate all over his face. This release is heavy on the sticky icky. The acid flies about willy nilly like an afternoon at the laser tag arena. Only instead of lasers the guns are loaded with maple syrup. It's an Aunt Jemimah b*tch slap.

Posted Image

"How did you...? You were in there for 5 minutes!?! Oh f*ck...that, that is...chocolate, right? Please tell me that's chocolate."

Number three is repetition. It's how they learn so you can't be mad at them for asking the same f*cking question every 10 seconds. That's why God made them so cute when they do that so you don't want to strangle them. I'm waiting for all the "why" questions and then I will unleash every Dad's secret weapon. Go ask your mother. All the tracks follow the same pattern, you know high energy, lasers, acid...yadda yadda yadda. But the music is so good it's not a bad thing. I believe Mae West said it best when she said too much of a good thing is wonderful.

Hmmm...I know what you're thinking. Maybe I should get my kid to do a few reviews. Probably do a better job. This was a good twilight release. If you like stuff like Alienn, Speedball, Concept, Tryon, or Nexus Media and Timecode Stuff then this will be right up your alley. Perfect for the two year old in all of us.

Posted Image

"No, no, no! Atma is mine...you do the new Dynamic! We agreed!"

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/frc/frc1cd014.html

http://www.beatspace.com/6631/Fractal+Records/MAGNETO/The+Scope/detail.aspx

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=8878

http://www.goastore.ch/product_info.php?products_id=4617

Mdk