Psytrance and Religion

Guest Dark clouds

I think that psytrance reinforce faith in religion,and is not really a advertising for budhhism,I am Christian and this music is giving me the opposite of heavy metal,that's it no doubts at all about my faith.

And you what's your religion and the psytrance relation you had

Guest Nefarious

Your life, your music, your faith, music speaks on many levels, embrace the diversity........

POPular(shit)music is more offensive than any form of metal, enlightenment comes in many forms.

At the end of the day, its all subjective artforms, wake it up mate.......

My god is the god of catchy riffs and bangin' tunes....

Anyone heard Spermbirds??? My god rides a skateboard......

LMAO..........

Guest vincent

it's always funny to see the kind of people that shake their head, cover their ears and yell "lalallala" when they hear the world religion.

put psytrance and religion in the same sentence, and you get the same people yelling "it has nothing at all to do with religion because i don't see it, you morons".

extremist atheists, how funny.

going in trance makes reality more transparent to me, which makes the divine more apparent. of course i could go into trance with other music. I think the "purity" of "instrumental" music does help.

take care

-vnc

I find it funny that such an aggressive and loud genre can be so related to religion, Hinduism and Buddhism in particular. If anything, I relate many of the Eastern melodies to Eastern culture, and that's about it. I don't find God through psytrance. :)

well, related to the topic below... IMO psytrance doesn't have as much to do with religion (especially buddhism) as psytrance on acid does. Because acid and psychedellics in general make you feel all the concepts that buddhists talk about: oneness with nature, love for everybody and everything, loss of the perception of time and space, etc. But this has more to do with the drugs than the music, IMO a person into, say, heavy metal and acid is more inclined to adopt the buddist beliefs than someone into psytrance and clean.

SMI²LE

What a fuckin' twerp. If you're saying that LSD has anything to do with Buddhism as a religion, then you really must be high as a kite. Say, you have lots of "interesting" drug-theories these days... How many times have you done acid now? Weren't you asking total newbie-questions here like what, less than a year ago? But now, all of a sudden, you're the fuckin' reincarnation of Doctor flippin' Hoffman, with all this world-embracing neo-hippy bollocks with plasbhemy towards Buddhist beliefs on top? Haha, pathetic gimps don't get much more pathetic than that.

"But now, all of a sudden, you're the fuckin' reincarnation of Doctor flippin' Hoffman, with all this world-embracing neo-hippy bollocks with plasbhemy towards Buddhist beliefs on top? Haha, pathetic gimps don't get much more pathetic than that."

now here's an example of someone who listens to psytrance and obviously never done psychedellics... see what I mean? ;-)

SMI²LE

I'm not close to your "Buddhist" ideal, am I? Gee, this religion-stuff is neat, all you need to do is drop a drop and hey presto, it's belief in a bottle really.

For reference, could you now please answer this: Weren't you asking total newbie-questions here like what, less than a year ago?

I'm interested I really am.

Wait, no I really am not.

Guest Lemmwinks

"For reference, could you now please answer this: Weren't you asking total newbie-questions here like what, less than a year ago?"

yes I was, but 8 months of experimenting with psychedellics made me gather the knowledge I was lacking before. Anyway, I don't see your point, even when you take this stuff ONCE, you'll certainly understand the states of mind that I'm talking about, believe me. Well acually, don't believe me, try it for yourself and then tell me what you think? Untill then I don't see the point of this conversation cause you don't know what I'm talking about.

And don't tell me that you have buddhist beliefs... cause a buddhist would NEVER talk like you did. So don't even think of telling me that you somehow adopted buddhism without psychedellics cause it seems to me that you don't have a clue of what buddhism is all about!!

SMI²LE

And don't tell me that you have buddhist beliefs...

Where did I say I do? I can not get upset about your blasphemy if I'm not a Buddhist myself?

cause a buddhist would NEVER talk like you did.

How many Buddhist people do you know, actually? How many Buddhist countries have you been to? How many temples have you visited? What the fuck are you talking about?

So don't even think of telling me that you somehow adopted buddhism without psychedellics cause it seems to me that you don't have a clue of what buddhism is all about!!

You laughable twerp. I'm studying this stuff in the university. Again I need to ask, what the fuck are you talking about? Next time you suggest LSD and Buddhism are somehow connected, I'm gonna put a shoe through this monitor. Believe me, it'll hurt you badly.

Yeah with that attitude, Eminem would say he's a buddhist too... "I'm a buddhist mother fucker!!! Don't fucking say that I'm not a buddhist or I'll fuck you momma in the ass and I'll fucking stab her in the back 50 times and cut her fucking neck in front of your eyes, you mother fucker you!!!" Yeah sure... I strongly suggest you re-read your course in buddhism then... believe me, what you feel on LSD is a LOT closer to what's described in buddhist books than your attitude.

Yes, I DO happen to know a few buddists, I have taken some meditation classes and meditated on my own so I DO know what I'm talking about... well at least it seems to me after reading your agressive posts that I know a bit more on the subject than you... I don't know what's in your head? Do you think buddists are some war-hungry freaks who go around insulting and killing people? Maybe you mistook the word "buddism" for "US Army"? No really, I'd really like to know what's going on in your head cause I'm pretty confused...

SMI²LE

I've recently read a very interesting article (unfortunetly for most of the people here, in french...) about religion and brain activity.

It's all about the way when someone is deep in prayer (concentrating on something like prayer or religious objet) or meditation (concentrating on 'nothing') the brain part which define what is the individual and what is the external world (it's dificult to explain in english...) is disconnected from the rest of the brain, forcing it at seeing everything as united. Producing this weird feeling of "all is one" some people say to have experienced aong with esctasy.

It's not something easy to do or given to everybody : it take time and practise... Some have the gift and other don't....

And it say also people who experienced religious visions are likely to 'suffer' some partial epilepsia, leading to similar state.

Long starvation can help it also...

But it does not conclude to the existence or non-existence of God(s).

It could very well be the way He affect our brain to show what he wants us to see or it could just be just some kind of "bug" in our brain.... Who knows...

But what the article does not investigate is the effect of LSD and/or psychedelic trance.

And I think, it just do the same.

So bringing us closer to God ?

Rasta people, for exemple, think it's what ganja do...

I think psy has definitly changed my view on the world we live in, which can be associated with religion, in a sense. It is its own religion... It is its own world.. It's a diffirent view of our conversational reality. I've been an atheist for quite some time, being brought up in a Christian family. And the last few years, I want to feel that their is something more out there. Your mind and thought is YOUR world, no one elses, and I think psy brings this out in everyone who as truelly experienced psychedelic experiences. The world is what you create, therefor, you are your own living spiritual god. Your mind is the key to all existance.

...my personal view.

-dNET

strongly suggest you re-read your course in buddhism then... believe me, what you feel on LSD is a LOT closer to what's described in buddhist books than your attitude.

You do speak English, don't you? Where have I suggested that I have a "Buddhist attitude"? Why the hell should I have a "Buddhist attitude"?

Do you think buddists are some war-hungry freaks who go around insulting and killing people?

it seems to me after reading your agressive posts that I know a bit more on the subject than you

You do speak English, don't you? I haven't talked fuck-all about Buddhist virtues within this topic. You have problems distinguishing the difference between subjective research and objective beliefs, don't you?

cause a buddhist would NEVER talk like you did.

Quite true. Also, a Christian would NEVER commit adultery and a muslim would NEVER kill another human being. Get a fuckin' clue, twerp. (Oh, just to make it clear for the umpteenth time, I'm not claiming to be Buddhist, nor having a "Buddhist attitude". Twerp.)

cause I'm pretty confused...

As if that wasn't obvious right from the start. In the pre-dominantly Buddhist country of Thailand they have a perfect term for describing people like you: khuay. Memorize that, might come handy.

well if you don't give a shit about budhism then why do you spend your time criticizing people talking about it??? It would've seemed obvious to me that somewhere in your head you adopted budhism and felt an outrage to see that people talk about it so lightly... but now you seem to say that apart from a bit of objective knowledge on the subject (like your course at uni) you don't have much to do with buddhist beliefs... so then what's the point of all you insulting comments??? You need help bro...

SMI²LE

Here we go again... This is what I said earlier:

"And don't tell me that you have buddhist beliefs...

Where did I say I do? I can not get upset about your blasphemy if I'm not a Buddhist myself?"

well if you don't give a shit about budhism then why do you spend your time criticizing people talking about it???

Talk all you want, see if I care. I've been criticizing you for drawing parallels between this religion and LSD-usage. Who says "I don't give a shit" about Buddhism? In fact, I'm likely to be introduced even more deeply into it via marriage.

so then what's the point of all you insulting comments???

Twerps like you deserve all the insulting comments there are, make no mistake. Twerp.

You need help bro...

As if that was for you to decide, elbow-licker. Oh, and please don't call me bro, that ain't cool dude, in fact that's sooooo 90's.

"Twerps like you deserve all the insulting comments there are, make no mistake. Twerp. "

how mature of you :)

well, OK, taking everything you said... you call "blasphemy" the fact that I draw parallels between the states described in buddist books and states attained when under LSD... I really wonder why you get so upset about it? First of all, I suppose you've never tried LSD so you can't know what I'm talking about. Second, judging by you negative posts (not just this in topic but oin general), I think it's obvious that you've never reached those states described in buddhist books either... So then how can you judge me??? Not only that you're not in the position to call it "blasphemy" but you're not even in the position to tell me anything on the subject, except your own opinions based on your own suppositions (something I did in my initial post with all the "IMO"s).

But I guess that's all the vodka talking... you really should try some acid for a change ;-)

SMI²LE

Guest spacemonkey

wow,

someone is having her period here, strange always thought Järsimähäiriö was a guy, well you never know.........................(or mayby his pimpin license got revoked............)

Järsimähäiriö you loose a whole lot of respect from most here and most of the rest of the world when you resort to petty insults... They get you nowhere. But perhaps thats your intended destination...

Frankly LSD and really any other psychoactive gets you closer to the absolute unchanging. By forceably dissolveing away your sense of ego and self (temporary phenomenon). Which makes room for the quietest part of your existence to be observed.

It's like your sheet of notebook paper. Your thoughts/feelings are the markings upon the peice of paper. If your meditating or concentrating you can observe the self with greater and greater clarity. As if you removed the markings on the paper and observe what it's unchanging nature is, behind all the markings behind ego.

It is pure clam. Infinity. Perfect contentment. The foundation of your experience. It transmits though the third eye. It's effect is inspiring. It's very nature is in'spirit'ation.

This is what mystics refer to as the Eternal. It's your inherited buddha nature.

some can't bear it's truth, and hide in their egos. They can't understand why they have this calling to do good and make the world paradise (naturally is, just look out at the Natural universe and see perfection, dignity...) . They are afraid of the responsiblity it entails. So they hide inside their little houses inside their egos. And have little conversations in their head untill their upon their death bed and have to admit what it's all about, and how they've ignored the truth.

If you dont' listen to that feeling of inspiration and perfection, observe it. You will not be capable, of being yourself, knowing yourself, Or being good to others or that cosmic voice constently telling you to strive for somthing better. Better personal values, ambitions, creativity, etc. If you listen to this eternal, "the sound of zen", or whatever you want to call it. Your life natrually progresses closer to perfection.

Perfection is natural. Look at a green mountian look at a rain forest, at the cosmos. Anything unpleasent about it? no. Everthing is working togather in perfect harmony naturally.

Perfect calm it is the sensation of pure awareness.

Järsimähäiriö you loose a whole lot of respect from most here and most of the rest of the world when you resort to petty insults... They get you nowhere. But perhaps thats your intended destination...

Frankly LSD and really any other psychoactive gets you closer to the absolute unchanging. By forceably dissolveing away your sense of ego and self (temporary phenomenon). Which makes room for the quietest part of your existence to be observed.

It's like your sheet of notebook paper. Your thoughts/feelings are the markings upon the peice of paper. If your meditating or concentrating you can observe the self with greater and greater clarity. As if you removed the markings on the paper and observe what it's unchanging nature is, behind all the markings behind ego.

It is pure clam. Infinity. Perfect contentment. The foundation of your experience. It transmits though the third eye. It's effect is inspiring. It's very nature is in'spirit'ation.

This is what mystics refer to as the Eternal. It's your inherited buddha nature.

some can't bear it's truth, and hide in their egos. They can't understand why they have this calling to do good and make the world paradise (naturally is, just look out at the Natural universe and see perfection, dignity...) . They are afraid of the responsiblity it entails. So they hide inside their little houses inside their egos. And have little conversations in their head untill their upon their death bed and have to admit what it's all about, and how they've ignored the truth.

If you dont' listen to that feeling of inspiration and perfection, observe it. You will not be capable, of being yourself, knowing yourself, Or being good to others or that cosmic voice constently telling you to strive for somthing better. Better personal values, ambitions, creativity, etc. If you listen to this eternal, "the sound of zen", or whatever you want to call it. Your life natrually progresses closer to perfection.

Perfection is natural. Look at a green mountian look at a rain forest, at the cosmos. Anything unpleasent about it? no. Everthing is working togather in perfect harmony naturally.

Perfect calm it is the sensation of pure awareness.

Järsimähäirö you fucking know shit about drugs, only thing you comment these days are when you see someone talking about drugs you attack them like they would have raped your mother.

"You laughable twerp. I'm studying this stuff in the university"

Lol! somethings you need to live to understand, studying only makes you think you know about something even if you dont know shit.