the official didgeridoo playing topic :)

Lemmiwinks

so, FNALLY after years and years of admiring didge players like these ;)

I decided to finally get one for myself and try it out... man that circulatory breathing techique is HARD!!! So, anyone else around here practiced around? any tips? any nice vids to share? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to do this a bit, but then I got ill, with hard cough in the beginning that lasted for some weeks and then it got even worse with an absolutely catastrophic flu.

The cough prevented me from playing properly and the flu was just plain awful, couldn't do more than stare at the ceiling which kept coming nearer as the fever got higher...

And now I didn't play for so long I kinda don't wanna.

Really wasn't my fault this time that I didn't continue doing this. Normally with other things it always is :P

If you wanna hear the story ... I started practising with this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmS7RlcIAqU

I literally was falling off my chair because of laughing as I was first trying this ... the guy was producing nothing but fart noises. And me too. That was really fun.

And once I got the hang of the circular breathing, I really got into it. And I then wanted to buy a didge ... but fortunately I found a ridiculously cheap alternative, which is a PVC pipe from the hardware store. Sure, not tuned properly, but good enough to get the basics and practice a bit. A cloth wrapped around one end dampens the sound as well as protects your mouth that it doesn't get sore from the pipe edges. Works very well. I totally recommend it if you wanna play around a bit but don't wanna spend money on a didge.

I got so good after some practising that I got doing this once at night, at 2 am as I was coming home from an evening drinking and wanted to get sober through the breathing. I sat down on a bench near my house and promptly got interrogated by passing police why the fuck I was playing didge at two in the night on a bench out in the open. But the cops were cool, they let me play and went their way.

Then came the illness and that was it so far. The pipe is now leaning against the wall right next to me.

Maybe in spring I'll start again...