Title: Santo Daime EP

Label: TesseracT Studio

Date: March, 2011

1. Santo Daime

2. Santo Daime (Zyce Remix)

3. Santo Daime (Relativ Remix)

Poolside

Posted Image

Insert 80's marijuana induced montage...aka back when Sean Penn wasn't such a righteous prick.

Outside

Posted Image

Oh yeah, I would so much rather be outside than inside.

Sideboob

Posted Image

Ummm...speaks for itself really

So the way I see it, I'm pretty good with sides. But you know...there is always that one; that black sheep that takes something which is mostly good and twists it so now it is the worst of the worst.

Homicide. Suicide. Genocide. Ugh...now I don't know how to feel.

Sideform are Drasko Radovanovich and Milos Modrinic who released their debut album Moving On this year. They've also made the rounds with some EP's and compilation work. Since it's TesseracT I took a flying leap on this one. 2nd only to Iono in lush progressive music their artists have the same wide open and melodic style. There is absolutely no need for a track by track review but let me tell you this. When I first read the promo that Santo Daime was a masterpiece, my guns were cocked and loaded. But after many listens this time the promo got it right. It is a melodic showstopper with soaring melodies, liquid effects, and just fantastic breaks. The remixes stay true to the original but still have their own uniqueness about them. Think of the main track as the star and the two remixes as a wonderful supporting cast. Don't get me wrong, the remixes are some great tracks as well, but when you try and remix something so great, it just sheds more light on how super the original was.

Awesome.

http://www.beatport....to-daime/342101

Mdk