Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Shehoor

Title: Immolation EP

Label: MMD Records

Date: July, 2011

1. Immolation

2. Katalepsys

If I knew I would have to get a f*cking dictionary before I started listening to this EP maybe I would've thought twice. Nah, these guys make some serious twilight music with crazy leads and tangible atmosphere. This little 2 track EP was released by MMD records in South Africa which, I don't mind telling you kicks ass.

Anyway, back to the big words. Know what immolation means? Killing or offering as a sacrifice. After googling Katalepsys all I came up with was some Russian death metal.

Posted Image

You dark and brooding motherf*ckers. I wanna go to one of your parties... but first I gotta find a sitter. And I need to be home by 11, you know wifey has work in the morning. Can I catch a ride with you?

Immolation- "I know it sounds like suicide."

Well no f*cking sh*t Einstein I just read you the definition! Ah, there's the rumbling from under the surface of the barren street. The leads are metallic in nature as they ricochet between laser bursts. When the break arrives it's a delightful dark atmosphere, but the second break is more of a churning synth that jumps right back into the melee. Not bad at all.

Katalepsys- Dark like the cloak of the druid walking along the ocean soaked street. Plenty of lasers firing indiscriminately give this one a hell or bust feel. The break has that rumbling quality that a lot of twilight has, like when an earthquake ended. You can still feel the aftershocks and that's when the acid flares will get ya. Full out insanity and intensity from deep in the torture dungeon.

So you get some dark and atmospheric twilight music for a very reasonable price. Can't go wrong here. I'd say lighten up but the music is too good.

Beatport

Mdk