3. Arab Star - Warp Technique

4. Urban Haze - Side Liner

5. Fruit from paradise - Goasia

6. The road of the dunes - Elea

7. Caucasus - Cygna

8. Green grass spirit - Kanc Cover, Zero Cult

9. Acid Dub Head - Direct Connection

10. Dream made teller - Zen Garden

So...is this music that they play at a Swiss restaurant? I'm seeing patrons in fine evening wear dining to the sounds of Yanni as another bottle of chardonnay is popped. The promo is a little vague and to be honest, if it is...you know what, I don't give a sh*t. I saw the track list and thought this would be a nice compilation of chilled vibes. I've never listened to anything IT Records has released (and there ain't that much out there) but everyone deserves a chance. It was mastered by someone at Ultimae so you should expect excellent sound quality.

Voice of the Desert- Charles has been doing his thing for a long time. Did ya catch his latest album 360? You should have because it was phenomenal. This is a slow exotic piece that puts you on a camel in the desert in a caravan. Tribal drums and an Indian vocal join massive pads for a mystical vibe that is a nice intro.

Predictions- I have no idea what the lyric is, but it has this shuffling gait that I'm falling for. Impossible to place this in a genre box and that's good. I guess you could call it a foreign language pop song if you really needed a label. Mid tempo with a nice punch to it. I'm gettin all Bollywood up in here.

Posted Image

Arab Star- "Distinguished guests. Brothers and sisters. Ladies and gentlemen. Friends and...enemies."

Almost 11 minutes and it ain't even the longest track here! It has lots of electronic effects that whoosh and twist but once the beat drops it tickles the back of your throat. Nice bass with crunchy leads and holy sh*t we are deep in the Middle East. At-ti-tude! The synths bubble and percolate and that bass..yessir, you stepped in some funk. In the end it is a long tour of desert winds, camels, and sitting on pillows with royalty. F*cking awesome.

Posted Image

Stinson approved!

Urban Haze- This is Nick Miamis with a kick you in the nuts break beat track. It's got a chip on it's shoulder and dares you to knock it off. Another middle east vibe with an electronic twist. Very Crystal Method with a surprisingly emotional piano infused break. Beautiful and sad at the same time. But then it's back to business with more soul in your hole. Superb. You know I don't think this guy gets the credit he deserves.

Fruit From Paradise- This is what is known as a curve ball. Known for their goa trance these guys deliver something else. More desert melancholy with an Indian vocal and soft plucked strings. Outer space twinkling comes in at the end and this really is something different. But then again, that's what they do isn't it?

The Road of the Dunes- See that belly dancer over there? I shall make her my bride! Wonderful percussion and flute work join plucked strings and Lord forgive me but it sounds a little like Take a Picture by Filter. That nice easy going shuffle that makes you smile and puts you in a good mood. Just all...Middle Easty. This pair has made their living off the Kumharas Ibiza series. Oooh, gives me a new idea for a TV show...

Posted Image

Toddlers and Turbans! No! No apple juice until you get on that runway and shake what ya momma gave ya!

Caucasus- Mario Sammut from Malta gives us his...Malta? Really, Malta? Good for you dude. He just released his debut Opus Eva this summer and if it sounds anything like this gem I must own it. This is a moving opus to the Middle East, full of magic and wonder. Flutes loaded with melancholy drip emotion on exotic carpets of a palatial estate. Snake charmers, devoted followers of an ancient religion...they are all here. In peace.

Green Grass Spirit- Israeli Emil Ilyayev and Kanc Cover of Goasia want to introduce you to the spirit of the green grass. Goa sunbeams explode from the implanted seed as mysterious pads arc across a cloudless sky. A break that stirs the spirit sees a slow beat and nice tabla work. Soft and delicate with rich textures, this track is a wonderful chillout experience.

Acid Dub Head (Live Session)- This is a slow plodding, with the damned marching off to eternal happiness as a dubby bass hums and a flute sings with lament. For 5 minutes. That's a long walk but the break arrives with some industrial glitchyness that sees their lives flash before their eyes. But let's be clear...12 minutes of mindless droning is only appealing to heroin addicts. And minimal lovers.

Posted Image

Dream Made Teller (Live Session)- Another 10 minute track that is the stuff of mindless cult worship. Fanatical vocal sounds (notice I did not say vocals) as the brainwashed masses twist and sway over the percussive loop. And it just keeps going...perfect to entrance the listener just before they sacrifice him.

So if you disregard the final two tracks on this compilation you have an outstanding journey into Indian and Middle Eastern culture. The melodies are beautiful and mystifying at the same time. Several styles are represented well and since taste in music is subjective I'm sure even the last two tracks have their place. They just didn't measure up to the rest for me. I would highly recommend this release for those interested in a trek across the desert in a caravan moving at a slow pace.

Psyshop

Beatspace

GoaStore

Mdk