Title: Glowing Mushrooms EP

Label: 2To6 Records

Date: November, 2010

1. A Walk In The Woods (146 BPM)

2. Glowing Mushrooms (146 BPM)

3. Awake In Their Vision (145 BPM)

4. Gadinka S Gadulka (145 BPM)

Posted Image

The above picture sums up how I felt after listening to this. This is Delian Kristoff from Bulgaria and boy does he craft some insanely twisted forest trance. Check out that cover...a mushroom with an eye on it? It basically tells Alice and Wonderland to go f*ck itself. As previously mentioned, only recently have I been enjoying the depth of the forest sound. While capturing the darkness of darkpsy it also delivers the bubbling and hallucinatory properties of LSD. I think LSD does that. I'm guessing here, as I have never tried LSD. But I have farted in the tub and that made bubbles so I like to think I know what I'm talking about.

A Walk In the Woods- With a hard driving bassline sounds erupt from all sides in frenzied abandon. The synths wobble and waver like a 6 foot tall Jenga block. It's intense but not disorganized chaos. All the sounds seem to fit and enhance the what the f*ck are you doing walking in the woods in the wee hours of the morning by yourself b*tch vibe.

Glowing Mushrooms- "Oh look...glowing mushrooms. Delicious looking glowing mushrooms. Maybe I could try just one."

It always starts with one. Then before you know it the whole pack is gone and you're lying face down on the grass with no pants and a tube of whipped cream shoved up your ass. So I've heard. That sample is so delightfully off kilter it just makes the track. Twisted synths shimmer and wobble to make this truly hallucinatory and the stuff of nightmares.

Awake In Their Vision- Continue the descent into madness. Sounds that normally wouldn't and shouldn't be put together flow into a nightmarish vision that only someone who has been on the end of an 8 hour trip could appreciate. Did I like it? Hell yeah, but now I also think I need professional help. Cause...I'm seeing some things. Really bad things.

Posted Image

Gadinka S Gadulka- You know my first grade teacher had the same name. I would say "Mrs. Gadulka I need some more glue" and she would reply, "You've eaten three bottles already." Take a violin sound and then cross it with a sound you can make with your mouth, modulate it and then take one of the chromosomes away so that it suffers from crippling down's syndrome and you have the lead in this track. Clear enough for ya? Not a fan of this one as it sounded like a pile on of sounds.

Wow. This guy makes some trippy music. It bubbles and is full of random scary noises. But unlike darkpsy there is a cohesion that when put together creates a great atmosphere. This is wandering in the creepy forest late at night when you should be saying your prayers. I liked most of it even though the last track became a little too overbearing for me. If you like the forest sound, then check this out.

Ektoplazm

Mdk