Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Unusual Cosmic Process

Title: Weightlessness

Label: LookingLook Records

Date: June, 2011

1. Final Race (126 BPM)

2. Lighted Up (126 BPM)

3. Connected Trough An Ozone Hole (92 BPM)

4. Weightlessness (95 BPM)

5. Place On Earth (118 BPM)

6. Emotional Trip (120 BPM)

7. Maximum Depth (103 BPM)

Posted Image

Holy f*cking long track times batman! 11, 12, and 13 minutes? "I'm gonna have to get reaaaaly high to delve into this audio journey" is what I would be saying if I still got high. So instead I have to wait until the kid is asleep and all the lights are out. LookingLook Records, the label responsible for the V/A Dancing Mavka (still haven't heard it) brings you a Ukranian downtempo project. He's obviously going for a space vibe and having never been to space I look forward to what he comes up with.

Final Race- We got ourselves some pretty funky breakbeat going on here. The bass sounds whip around like an Indiana Jones forehand as synths echo from a perch of safety. Not a whole lot of variation but I liked what I heard.

Lighted Up- Now that's what I call a long intro. Effects and percussion echo simultaneously and we don't get a beat until almost 4 minutes. And even then it doesn't stay very long. Very spacey indeed. Maybe a little too much so because it seemed like he took a 4 minute track and tried to turn it into 10.

Connected Through The Ozone Hole- Better pack a lunch for this motherf*cker. The atmosphere is thick with the deep cold of space and chatter that is soaked in reverb. Another long intro, but when the track is almost a quarter of an hour, you got a little time to kill. I mean I'm not saying it takes a while to get going but...nope, that's exactly what I'm saying. The break at 6'15" allows a reorganization of sorts and it grinds out a slightly quicker tempo complete with some frenzied drum and bass tendencies. It devolves to where it began but I feel it missed the epic mark by a long shot. Pretty slow and waaaay too long.

Posted Image

Weightlessness- Now this is more like it. No delays, just right into it with layers of synths that sparkle above the bass line. Undulating tones guided by the foundation of that bass, it really portrays a feeling of weightlessness. It just flows and he brings some percussive riffs that ricochet off the ships hull. The track just fades away as if going behind the dark side of the moon. Pretty good.

Place On Earth- "Do you want to know? Do you want me to tell you..."

Where the hell did this come from? Easily the gem of the compilation with its measured pace and intense goa vibe. It's loaded with mystical atmosphere and great effects. Eventually it becomes a progressive stomper with screaming synths that place me on the top of a mountain in the Himalayas. Super!

Posted Image

Emotional Trip- It started off very flowy without a beat but then he kicked it up a notch. Definitely a reflective track, perhaps looking back on a situation in your life that you might've done differently. It's ling but doesn't feel that way. Nice.

Maximum Depth- We be seafarers now, with the sounds of a ship swaying in the ocean. Another long intro as the pads radiate sunshine and the bass feels alive. New leads replace old ones in a seamless, dreamy menagerie. Truly relaxing.

This guy has talent...loads of it. While a couple of songs went on too long most struck a nice chord of relaxing atmosphere and deep meditation. Obviously the goa track was my favorite, but the lions share of them are very good. He builds slowly, rides the horse for a while, and then softly deconstructs his track. His use of effects is...effective and the sound quality was great. Do yourself a favor and check this one out.

Ektoplazm

Mdk