Artist: Organikka

Title: Mind Control EP

Label: Neurotrance Records

Date: March, 2011

1. Mind Control (148 BPM)

2. Halloween (148 BPM)

3. E3blue (148 BPM)

4. Zero (148 BPM)

God I hate rap music today. When the hell did it change from rapping with style and having a good time to the hook laden bullsh*t of today? Even Kanye used to be good then his head exploded and it's been a sh*t sandwich ever since. Remember when gangsta rap used to be cool? But then white kids stopped being afraid of it and now the latest rap jingle can be heard in a McDonalds commercial. Buh da buh da da, I'm lovin' it! But really I'm not. So for my birthday I boarded a bus and beat the sh*t out of Lil' Wayne.

Posted Image

How to Love indeed.

I mean, he's like your slow witted cousin that speaks with difficulty and stares a lot. I don't deny that he's had a rough upbringing and if the world is gonna lap up everything he regurgitates then he deserves his success. Just don't expect me to fall in line.

Anyway, rant over. Since I'm still broke I have been all over Ektoplazm and their fine selection of free music. This is Bruno Faria from Portugal with his debut. I do love me some Portuguese psytrance almost as much as the stuff form South Africa. He appears to be a jack of all trades as he did the mastering and the artwork as well.

Mind Control- "Do not translate this message. Just listen."

Oh yeah, I'm gonna like this. With a heaping amount of acid and lasers (you will find he REALLY likes this) he does the twilight sound proud. It swirls and echoes with a dark tone as he switches melodies. It's a frenzy of nighttime madness.

Halloween- The word Halloween evokes all types of evil imagery so this is a track tailor made for twilight sounds. His bass line is a deep rumbler, while lasers and acid splattering everywhere. It's lean, mean and ready to drive right over you. Power and attitude are its calling card with just no regard for safety. I really liked it.

Posted Image

Boom!

Eblue- This guy loves the ladies...I mean, lasers. Fine by me, because he's good at it. Some of his sounds remind me of The Frog from X-dream. Unfortunately this one is kind of thin with no real direction. It would seem he was building towards something, but then it would just fizzle out.

Zero- "Well, the only way you're going to get order is if the Batman takes off his mask and turns himself in. Every day he doesn't people will die. Starting tonight."

Get ready for an all out assault on the ears with lasers firing at will, a rampaging bass line and rising synths. There is no rest it's just the foot mashing the accelerator. Look, Gary Busey will tell you, this guy is just cramming this track straight up your rectum.

Posted Image

This was a good twilight EP. Plenty of lasers and acid for those (like me) who love that stuff. The only complaint I have is that it seems the leads are lacking in power or fullness, whereas the bass seems a little too prominent. Believe me it's not enough to take away from this rampaging ride. Recommended for all lovers of the twilight freak show.

Ektoplazm

Mdk