Title: Cosmic Dreams EP

Label: None

Date: December, 2010

01 - Cosmic Dreams (130 BPM)

02 - Expand (140 BPM)

03 - Terraform (140 BPM)

04 - Alkaloid (90 BPM)

Posted Image

Part 5 of the series Spare $100 for a hotel room and a hooker? brings Tim Howe from Maryland in the good ol U S of A! I chose this EP to review because of the pretty blue cover. Never heard of him, but did I mention the EP has a pretty blue cover? He delivers one dark progressive shot and 3 downtempo rumblers that were mastered by Tim Schuldt so sound quality shouldn't be an issue. And it isn't.

Cosmic Dreams- It's kind of an off tempo track to start but then it gets its 4/4 legs. The effects ring of deep cold space as the bass line hums. I'm sorry, but did that sample just say frutition? He sure did, but proper English aside, the track is dark and brooding with a taste of forest evil. Definitely like a nightmare.

Posted Image

F*cking Ikea...they have some twisted furniture. Or...what the f*ck was that? I actually saw this movie when I was a kid. It's called Xtro. Pretty weird.

Expand- There was a thread about digital farts and this is full of em. More like digital diarrhea. Slow, funky psydub with a dark intent. Synths waver and wobble as the aliens walk among us. Creepy.

Posted Image

Terraform- More downtempo goodness as the effects wash over you like a bloodbath. Digital gurgling. It's evil creatures with no use for humans treating us like so much detritus.

Posted Image

Alkaloid- Evil whispers of a tortured soul echo over a break beat. And what a big beat is. My absolute favorite, with dark, twisted effects. If the previous track was casting us aside, this is the scavenger coming to feed.

Posted Image

This was pretty cool. Nothing groundbreaking but you can see his talent for atmosphere. His strength seems to be the downtempo stuff and as you can see by my gifs they create potent imagery. At least for my sick mind. Maybe I listen to too much Wizack Twizack...might be rubbing off on me. As usual Ekto provides this free so don't hesitate to check it out. He is definitely on the right track as I hope he'll get more intricate.

Ektoplazm

Mdk