Label: None

Date: April, 2011

01 - Calligraphy (110 BPM)

02 - Majoram (105 BPM)

03 - My Little Helper (95 BPM)

04 - Osseous (160 BPM)

05 - Spatiala (160 BPM)

06 - Staunch (140 BPM)

Part 2 in the series the government if f*cking with my money brings me to a delightful bit of music. Mr. Bill.

Posted Image

No, not that one.

Wait, maybe that one. I don't know. Actually it's Bill Day from down under with a brief 6-track EP that brings together loads of styles in a mish mash of funk. Electro, dub, techno, jazz, hip-hop beats...you name it. It's on Ekto so of course it's free of charge.

Calligraphy- is a slow saunter with you and your girl on the dance floor. It's got 8-bit video game sounds, juicy bass, and skittering electronics that don't fake the funk. The melodies are infused with jazz touches that sound wispy and fine Nasty business, this.

Posted Image

Get low!

Marjoram- Ummm...did the bass get deeper? It sure got nastier, now with more *pop*! After it slows down it totally changes gears with a jazzy electric piano. Then it goes all wah-wah on you while keeping the funky bass Groovy man.

Posted Image

No sh*t I just said that.

My Little Helper- Someone make sure his driver's license doesn't say George Clinton because he keeps funkin' sh*t up in here. This gives new meaning to the word wobbly as his guitar licks you like my kid does a lollipop. Man, I just had a Puttin' On The Ritz moment only with more funk and less gayness. His electro layers work well with his break beat that's for sure. Great stuff!

Posted Image

Osseus- Not a huge fan of DnB but I felt this one. Nice to know he can do different styles. Even though it's not my favorite style, he brings frenetic keystrokes and punchy synthlines. Is it possible to be mellow while being uptempo? He did it.

Spatiala- Very electronic with a glitchy undercurrent. With numerous layers out front, the stings are very melodic and soft. My favorite bit. And talk about a shift in direction half way though! It becomes a trance track complete with chopped up electronics and a break beat. Super.

Staunch- F*cking gangsta!

Posted Image

Yo grandma...you gonna let someone else hit that?

This is on some old Compton sh*t. Sippin on some gin and juice flavor. Crafty bass and another switch in style at the midway point. Aggressive synth riffs roll over the boom boom of the kick and he finishes with a break beat as electronics whizz by.

Man this guy is full of twists and turns. His site is right here and I'm gonna have to check it out cause this was great! If you like electronic music there is something for you here. I love psy, but sometimes you need a break from the 4/4 time signature. His beats are fresh and his bass is funky as hell. More of this please. Super whether you listen at home or you're rollin down the street in your 64. Westside!

Ektoplazm

Mdk