Brujo's Bowl - Healing With Sound EP

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Brujo's Bowl

Title: Healing With Sound EP

Label: Arkona Creation

Date: June, 2011

1. Realization Dub (80 BPM)

2. Gyananakashu (The Eye Of Knowledge) (80 BPM)

3. Brujo's Drift (80 BPM)

4. Healing With Sound (80 BPM)

Have you heard? My government can't stop arguing with each other about the precipice the country is on and we are set to default on our debt for the first time in the nation's history.

Posted Image

F*cking fantastic. While not trying to sound like an economics course that means an increase in interest rates which will affect mortgages, credit card rates, car loans, student loans... In short we are headed for a a world of sh*t. I'm really thinking about sending my bills to those a**holes in Washington. You f*cking pay them.

So seeing as how my monetary situation is soon to be in peril, I might as well get used to spending less. But that doesn't mean I still can't enjoy good music. The fine fellow at Ektoplazm has seen to that. This is Saxon Higgs from Wales with a 4-track EP that promises dubby sounds and "a warm and zingy character, sending waves through the senses"

Brother does it deliver. Booming, dubby bass and skittering sound effects warble on Realization Dub. With high speed percussion and a wobbly synth it takes the listener to the beach with a cool drink. Super emotive guitar work on Gyananakashu as the accordion riffs above the soul clap. It goes on a little long, but still a great piece of work. Brujo's Drift does more wobbling and well...drifting. Great groove to nod your head to. The final track Healing With Sound saunters with the attitude of a gangsta as clicking noises scatter around the deep, deep bass. So this is dubstep? It can be funky, melodic, rhythmic...very good listen that you should really check it out. And remember...even Congress can't charge for something that's free. Right?

Ektoplazm

Mdk