Title: Ultimate Reality EP

Label: Underground Alien Factory Records

Date: May, 2011

01. Insomniac (9:03)

02. No Way Wrong (9:17)

03. Nova on Night (9:39)

04. Progenic (9:40)

05. Power of Trance (10:16)

When I first saw that there was some more Crossing Mind material I decided to celebrate!

Posted Image

After a few awkward moments at the police station and some chaffing, I had to home and check it out. But the women's World Cup was on and the US was playing France so I decided to watch. I find the games more exciting than the men (although I watch them also) and they are less prone to act like babies. You would think that some of these guys were on the wrong end of a sniper rifle.

Posted Image

Pussy.

I immediately cheer against any a-hole that pulls that crap. You don't see that in hockey because if someone did try to pull that crap he would be going home with a few less chicklets if you know what I mean.

Posted Image

Jeez, you could drive a truck through that gap!

But I digress. Saw the USA game vs. France and it was fun to watch. France has nothing to be ashamed of as they dominated long stretches, they just couldn't finish. And that Necib? She has crazy skills. That got me thinking about how much I enjoyed France and my time there. Great food, history, scenery, women...which brings me to this artist. This is Stéphane Béze a new school goa trance producer from the land of wine and cheese with a follow up to the eye opening The Holographic Paradigm released by DAT Records last year. It's a mix of old and new uptempo and slower stuff, though I can't tell which is new and which is old. Still, thanks to that crazy monkey at UAF Imba for bringing us some more great tunes.

P.S. The crazy Monkey says that Power of Trance and Insomniac are the older tunes.

Insomniac- This sounds like it coulda been on the album. It's aggressive even though it has a baby's laugh on it. Don't quite get that. Anyway, there is zero rest as he is all in with his multiple leads. Good show sir.

No Way Wrong-

Posted Image

Don't tell me I'm doin' it wrong...like my speedo?

I believe he has shown that he doesn't do much wrong in the way of goa trance and with this track he continues the outer space vibe. The lead is metallic, maybe a little gruff, but that's his style. His tracks are also long, so I know I get caught up in his numerous melody changes and I'm like...where the hell did those 3 minutes go? Pretty good stuff.

Nova on Night- This one sounds as if it is more...current. Can't explain it. But what I can explain is the darker, more eerie atmosphere. He's still bringing the layers out to play with running arpeggios and get this...he actually put a break in a track. I know, I couldn't believe it either. It's sunshiney and makes me feel like I'm in the forest on Avatar with all the fluorescent crap everywhere. Another drifting tune that spirals endlessly.

Progenic-

Posted Image

Ladies and gentlemen we have reached the mid-tempo portion of our program, please unfasten your seatbelts and light em if you got em. Bubbling, drifting, use whatever adjective you want to describe this. Lots a leads with the ability to make your mind just go with it. He's twisting those knobs like an inexperienced teen does with his first girlfriend with much better results. And less slapping.

Power of Trance- When he was first "discovered" there was a big folder with a lot of his tunes and this was in said folder. It's more mid-tempo smooth with wailing strings and nimble leads. And don't mistake the slower tempo for not having an edge. This track does what all of his seem to do. And that is switch leads and melodies without effort as they catch you up in his vision. Highly melodic and if you will pardon the pun, entrancing.

Like this guy was going to release a tub of sh*t. Not bloody likely. First off, it's free so you should check it out even if you're poor. Like me. Second, if you heard his album and liked it, then you will like this. It's the same drifting style with long synth runs and very little interruption in the trance inducing process. As I mentioned I found myself losing track of time as his melodies just seemed to go on forever. Perhaps we can harness this power for the greater good? No brainer, go get it.

Ektoplazm has it fo FREE!!!

Mdk