"V/A - Extreme Noise Terror V. 2 - Scumgrinder"

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Various

Title: Extreme Noise Terror V.2 - Scumgrinder

Label: Terror Lab Industries (Oh dear God what am I doing?)

Date: December, 2010

1 Gameplay / Absense

2 Intruder / A-Mush vs. Stereopanic

3 Pulga Raza / Sinful Reactions

4 Safe / Xatrik vs. Brave

5 Prototype / Orca vs. Technodrome

6 Rock Steady / Sinful Reactions vs. Hiyarant

7 Psychological Warfare / Frightrate

8 B.T.T.R. / Panayota vs. Dirty Motion

9 Game Over / Excell

10 Ban Sabaii / Shehoor

11 Evolution Is Real / Wired vs. Zinx

As you know, I regularly peruse the digital shops to see what I might've missed in our little corner of music. Coming across this, I noticed several artists of which I am a fan. Xatrik? Orca? Sinful Reactions? Why do I always want to call them Sinful Erections? Perhaps it is a window into my shame. Perhaps I'm juvenile. Anyhoo, always up for some good twilight madness I WHAT THE F*CK IS GOING ON WITH THAT COVER! Terror is in the name of the label and the name of the compilation?

gulp.

Gameplay- "I want to play a game."

Posted Image

I know we have all heard the Saw samples ad nauseum and they ceased being scary years ago. Still, give it a chance. Ominous strings stand out here and you can feel the track assembling it's dark arsenal of acid and spooky goings on. I don't know who Absense is, but I like where his head's at. There is a buildup near the end, but it is mercifully short. Hard and rough edged with a cyber tilt, it's not very complex but it is a great start.

Intruder- "Your attention please...security breach medlab level 15."

Stereopanic...what did you think you were gonna get? Air Supply? Minor key shenanigans is what we've got here. That and a heavy heaping of acidic goodness. It reminds me a lot of Frozen Ghost with its abrasive leads and intensity. It's most assuredly dark themed and aggressively loud. Do not even think about listening to this if you have the hint of a headache. Whew.

Pulga Raza- "Listen carefully to every word I say. There will be no repetition. Behind this strange signal there is an alien intelligence that knows all."

Portugese brothers Orlando and Luis f*cking slay sh*t with this track. Tidal wave of sound and groove pummel the listener as you are deluged with acid. It fills your lungs until you're gasping for air. On separate occasions. The middle "break" is a nice bit of electronic glitch before they reload. Be careful, you are in the crosshairs my friend.

Posted Image

Boom! Headshot motherf*cker.

Safe- Nothing safe about this blast as it is full power all the way. Of course it is look at the cover...did you expect anything different? If you answered yes to that, you're an idiot. I love me some Xatrik, but in the early going it's a lot of effects and noise. Not much fun, but I'm a forgiving type of guy and Xatrik has earned my trust. Still fierce and foreboding the lasers kick in to make sure your ears are ringing.

Posted Image

What? I know Charlie, it's really f*cking loud. This is mosh pit ready as it gurgles to a conclusion through a few starts and stops that I don't appreciate. It's a loud assault and he had me at hello. Still, I'm thinking about pressing charges.

Prototype- First Arecibo Chronicles and now this? What are they in a relationship? And if they are I'm ok with that, when they make kick ass tunes like they do. Dark and brooding like a teenager who wants to cut himself it picks up and slings some acid in your face.

Posted Image

Oh for f*cks sake, now I want to throw up. Take your skinny jeans and one eye covering hairdo someplace else twilight. Then it takes a turn into annoying town and becomes directionless...I don't know what the f*ck happened. You were doing so well. Picks up at the end, but this one didn't sit that well with me. Still shaking my head.

Rock Steady- Now this collaboration has my attention. What happens when unstoppable force meets immovable object? A whole lot of this...

Posted Image

followed by a sh*tload of ibuprofen.

Man this is intense, bringing me back to the Inside the Sphere days. Acid splatters on the windshield like a weeks worth of bugs and this loud sonic wall meanders full steam ahead. The melody if you can call it that isn't anything special or really, apparent. It's twilight noise crammed down your throat like foul tasting medicine. Could've been a lot better. I cannot stress this enough...don't listen to this if you even think you might have a headache. Next Tuesday. Whew.

Psychological Warfare- The name of the artist doesn't make me think that we are going to be taking it easy. And...I would be right. Metallic screechings and scratchy leads blare their noise over the loud, galloping bass line. This music is little angry my friends.

Posted Image

What the? He was supposed to be a little angry guy, and he is..some one just stole his nun chucks. Now he's just going through the motions. Like this track.

B.T.T.R.- BTTR? B*tch try to relax? Believe that trance rules? However you want to spell it, it all means loud. Intense and crazy rhythms with searing leads and a howitzer of laser volleys. There really is no rest for the weary as the power has the force of a nuclear blast. Nothing pretty here. I think they just put Vibe Tribe in the wood chipper.

Posted Image

Yep, there they go.

Game Over- People this compilation has definitely shifted from stalking twilight to pitch black darkness and serial killing. It's like heavy metal with synths over a trance beat. Driving and of single-minded purpose. This one is at least less chaotic...maybe taking you into the mind of a serial killer without actually watching them do the deed. Only one melody (and I use the term loosely) and it screeches like I just rocked over a cat's tail, but I like it. But with samples like "Game Over" and "Ultimate Destruction" this track ain't planting daisies. Unless you are underneath it.

Ban Sabaii- Yeah, welcome to the funhouse where choosing the wrong door will have some pretty nefarious consequences. Metal picture? Pinhead raping Freddy Kruger. Scary effects with acid stabs pique my interest, and it sounds like the lead is being dragged behind him like a bloody corpse. And just like in the movie there is no escape. It stomps with malicious intent as synths squirly in nature splatter in all their horror movie glory while metallic screams echo in the torture chamber. Dark, dark, dark.

Posted Image

This is gonna hurt, isn't it?

Evolution is Read- Perhaps maybe, just maybe a downtempo track to sooth frazzled nerves? Dream on. The bass line is on a rampage and the acid cannons are locked and loaded. High energy (really?) with some stutter steps that are build-up like, but at least you get some semblance of respite. Don't blink though cause it's right back in the line of fire with a heavy groove. It peters out, but don't you know they are just setting you up? More intense acid heavy sounds and this was a great track to end on.

That is some scary sh*t. Every evil movie incarnation I have ever seen appeared while I was listening to this. At some point I thought this was going to devolve into darkpsy madness and you can tell where the shift occurs. Perhaps it was an excuse for these artists to throw noise on a track as the bass line rambled away. Sometimes the collaboration between darkpsy and twilight artists was pretty cool. All of it is really intense with screaming leads loud and uncaring. So if you don't want that move on. Although if you see the cover you know what the f*ck you're in for. That guy's skull ain't cracked by design. If you like twilight music this might be a little hard for you, but if you love all things dark, then get your black on, draw your pentagrams and let's get some wine coolers! What?

Goastore

Mdk