Part 01

1. Madworm Experiment - Earworm

2. You Go Bonzai(Magneto Remix) - Smashed

3. Out of Time - Terraformers

Part 02

1. Bankai (2K11 Live Edit) - Ex-Gen

2. From Ashes - Poizon

3. Psychoslut - A-Mush

Dropland is a Spanish netlabel that focuses on digital releases. Their sh*t is available most places digital stuff is sold including iTunes and Amazon. I heard and reviewed the new Geko EP and was less than impressed, but not being one to deny a second chance I picked these 2 EP's up and let's just say this time around I was all smiles. If you like the twilight sound, this will not disappoint.

Madworm Experiment- Max from the USA has never disappointed with his intense and insane brand of twilight psy and brother he isn't going to start here. 4 on the floor at a blistering pace with acid galore...it's getting sticky up in here. The head keeps bouncing throughout this delight as it is coated in dark and eerie atmosphere.

You Go Banzai (Magneto RMX)-

Posted Image

Who knew this poor kid had it in him? Magneto delivers a fabulous remix. Wait, I don't know that it's a fabulous remix as I haven't heard the original, but it is one hell of a track. Another bumping tune with plenty of effects and acid to wash it down. The final break is replete with cyber sound effects and is poised to hammer the final spike into your coffin with a metallic bouncing lead. Good show old boy!

Out of Time- This one is slower in tempo without a real melody to follow, just a bunch of studio magic. The bass line after 3 and a half minutes is quite funky and the rest is whooshes and other effects. Metallic and clanking I guess you would call it. It has it's Artifakt moments so it is interesting and also it's nice to have a track that isn't hell bent on kicking you in the nuts. Psychedelic no question.

On to Part 02!

Bankai(2K11 Live Edit)- Heeeeeere come the Spaniards. I got to thinking who the most famous Spaniard I know and came up with Antonio Banderas. Is that sad? While that may be incorrect and narrow minded, did you see what he did to Angelina Jolie in Original Sin? He did things to that chick that you wouldn't do to a farm animal. And that was basically the entire film. Hey wasn't Christopher Columbus from Spain? Hmmm...forgot about him. Anyway, they drop a groovy little number that is quite rich in atmosphere. The lasers take their rightful place at the forefront and it's all out until the break at 6 minutes. The break allows you to catch your breath before a pretty good buildup and then it's right back in your mush. Not very imaginative but a powerful stomper. And as Angelina will tell you sometimes you just need to get manhandled.

From Ashes- Excuse me waiter, there is some darkpsy in my twilight. Scraping leads and deep rumbling bass line that together sounds like a car accident on repeat. It's full throttle and unrelenting. Little too angry for me. I would check this guy's house for automatic weapons. Just to be safe.

Psychoslut- "You gotta be f*ckin' kidding!"

Nope, his name is A-Mush. Seriously. There is no mystery to this track whatsoever as it pounds the grey matter like it stole something. Juicy acid is on the menu and get ready for a heaping pile of it. Whew! Did someone get the number of that truck? All I see is a trail of roadkill.

Pretty enjoyable for 2 EP's. Most tracks were just my style with acid, atmosphere and a groovy sensibility. I could've done without the Terraformers and Poizon track this go around, but I have heard good tracks from them both so I won't hold it against them. Recommended.

Juno Part 01

Juno Part 02

Mdk