Light vs Dark

Ormion

Morning psy or Night psy?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which one you like the best?

karan129, on 20 May 2011 - 09:39 AM, said:

Both of course. It's about good music, not what genre the music belongs to.

Ormion, on 14 May 2011 - 10:55 PM, said:

This is not a poll about genres!

Sorry, my mistake. Not what time of the day the music belongs to. Genres - time of the day - same difference.

This is a poll I made years ago, but since then many new members have come and many old ones have left.

So it's cool to see what todays Psynewers prefer.

This is not a poll about genres!

As Light (morning) psy I mean anything that defines morning psy for you and as Dark (night) anything that fits the night hours.

I voted for both equally. I love morning music as mush as dark, as long it's powerful enough.

I also love the in-between option: the Twilight psytrance.

I voted dark, not because I intrinsically prefer night music to morning music, just because my experience is that people are making a lot more of the former that I enjoy (IOW, it's a statement about the music that's available rather than the music that's conceivable - it could easily have been the other way round it the genre had developed differently).

This is what I believe happened with Goa and Psy. I think people made the dark distinction as a different genre. So, Light is Goa and Dark is Psy. But, as some already have posted I don't think it is a different genre. It is just the Yin and Yang of , IMO, the highest evolution of Electronic Music. You can't have Yin without Yang. So, I guess, you can't have Goa without Psy. But, what amazes me is the redundant darkpsy labeling. That's like saying hey did you here that housey house song...?

This is what I believe happened with Goa and Psy. I think people made the dark distinction as a different genre. So, Light is Goa and Dark is Psy

Where did you get that idea?

There is a lot of melodic psytrance that is pure morning... Ever heard of morning fullon ? Posted Image

And there is Goatrance with dark atmosphere.

I've noticed you're thinking is a bit dichotomous for somebody who proclaims Yin Yang, karma, etc...

Where did you get that idea?

There is a lot of melodic psytrance that is pure morning... Ever heard of morning fullon ? Posted Image

And there is Goatrance with dark atmosphere.

I've noticed you're thinking is a bit dichotomous for somebody who proclaims Yin Yang, karma, etc...

I am sorry for the poor communication...please don't chastise me, yet. Let me explain. From what I have been reading and the general assumptions of other people, I made the broad generalization that goa is light and psy is dark? I should have put that question mark. That is because I perceive that people are complaining that goa is not melodic and the creation of dark psy to be goa should is somehow light and psy is dark . So. that ridiculous idea I got from other people. That idea I agree is too black and white. And doesn't work as I agree with you that Goa and Psy have both dark and light. What I am referring to is the duality of the music not the dichotomy. At this point I am sure you have seen my perception of the music evolving. And the best way I can describe Goa/Psytrance is the way Yin/yang describes the universe. This idea of yin/yang that one thing is made of two polar energies not opposite but complementary. So we know that dark can't exist without light, The dark and light are not different, they are just describing the nature of how the universe uses dynamic energy to create a perpetual homeostasis. Just as you give the music atmospheric traits like morning and dark atmosphere. The beauty is that we totally agree but the language is incapable of showing that. Except morning fullon is that like morning wood? :P

And, this Light vs Dark poll is perfect to show that it is Light-Dark not light vs dark. The Earth is one planet that can be dark and light at the same at different degrees and the place that is most dark has the most light furthest away. I am not worried about this music. I am not looking for a reemergence. The natural Tao of Goa/Psytrance causes an original and mindblowing convergence and I believe that we will experience this new goa/psytrance the first month of 2015.

Posted Image