Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: GeKo

Title: Corrupted Symphony EP

Label: Dropland Recordings

Date: April, 2011

1. Corrupted Symphony

2. Precrime (feat Sinful Reactions)

There is a lot of music released out there. I mean...a lot. Sometimes it's tough to wade through the swamp and find something worthwhile. We all have our favorite artists which we latch on to and follow their career. Sometimes you are rewarded and then other times...not so much. GeKo is Amir Ben David from the Holy Land who released his debut Poison Flowers in 2009. It was awesome and had everything you could want in psy...power, melody, atmosphere. Definitely on my list of artists to watch.

So you can understand my surprise when I heard this thing. It, ah...wasn't good. I mean, it started out promising, but quality can be a slippery slope. Corrupted Symphony got on my bad side quickly with an annoying lead melody that went on waaaaay too long. I liked the Iron Man sample but talk about a flow killer. Precrime again had a cool sample from Minority Report I believe. I thought this would be the track to buy as it had more power, but the more I listened to it, the more I didn't like it. The sounds weren't very appealing and were actually uninspired. Lazy even with the "melody." I have an idea...instead of putting out an EP to cash in on tracks that are subpar, work with them some more and make them killarrgh.

That may not be fair as taste is subjective. Still, if you liked Poison Flowers, this will disappoint.

Juno Download

Mdk