Posted Image

Artist: Various

Title: Digital Breed Volume II

Label: MMD Records

Date: May, 2010

1. Quarantine- A-Mush

2. Psycho Diver (Zion Linguist Rmx)- Zion Linguist Vs. Technodrome

3. Shehoor- Blue Demon

MMD is another South African label that just like Nexus Media and Timecode deliver the goods. Frantic, twilight psytrance that doesn't leave your ass out of the boogie equation. While I thought the last Damage album was pure crap, the rest of the stuff is really good.

Quarantine- "Crazy people don't know they're crazy."

Man that is some tasty acidic goodness right there. Oh yeah, that's not coming off your shoe. It's like if you stepped in dog poo and the only thing you could wipe it off with was more dog poo. The bass line rages and the break introduces another synth which is single minded in purpose. What's the only thing that could ruin such aggressive flow? A series of buildups and while they are there, it's not that bad. The climax more than makes up for it. Power, acid, and a driving bass line make this one pretty enjoyable.

Psycho Diver (Zion Linguist Rmx)- I have an idea...let's get a part owner of the label to put a track here. That's what this is? I see. This is Laurence Sonnenberg and he has released 2 albums and been on a lot of compilations. There is a hi-tech cyber feel to this one with screaming leads and a pounding beat. He's got one lead that is modulated pretty heavily and harsh, but out of the last break comes another that ties it all together. I really like the end of this one, with its groove and eerie atmosphere. Good job!

Shehoor- She a whore? I dunno, but I heard that she been givin' that stuff up to all the graffiti guys. You could paint three of those murals on some of that ass. I don't think this has anything whatsoever to do with the Beastie Boys, but I write what I want. Never heard of this act, but it has its feet planted firmly in the twilight area. Dark cyber age computer music that is high tempo aggressive. The choir pad lends a little horror cred to the nightmare but lest we forget this is dance music, there are some groovy stabs that funk the whole thing up a bit.

If you like twilight music then this will fit the bill. Pretty groovy and intense, with melodic touches and acid a plenty. MMD is quality so f*ck yeah, I would recommend this.

Beatport

Juno Download

Mdk

• 3 weeks later...