Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Osher & Avshi

Title: Desert Trip EP

Label: Synergetic Records

Date: December, 2010

1. Desert Trip

2. The 60's

I have to give Osher his props. Propers. Snaps...whatever the kids are saying these days. After riding the Ananda Shake project into the ground he has reinvented himself in the progressive trance genre. I reviewed his debut album Twilight (go find it) and it was surprisingly deep and rich. He has been composing some very lush progressive soundscapes in the IONO music vein. Big beats, floating melodies and expansive breaks. Here he teams up with someone named Avshi who has been doing his own thing for quite some time.

Desert Trip- "When it gets really interesting is when we use that same system of symbols to...."

Oh man I would love to go on one of those. Money is tight these days so taking a tour of all the desserts sounds really cost effective. What? That's not what that means? Oh...desert. Like the Sahara. Gotcha. I knew that. With a melancholy violin and soft percussion twinkles shine high above. The kick is full and there is a swagger to this. Sharp bass and echoing synths give this track some space and it only gets groovier. The combination of synths is so very thick and rich that it is impossible to get bored with this one. If you are a fan of progressive like me. It's very dreamy and the melodies drift like the winds upon the endless sands. Outstanding work gentlemen.

The 60's- "I do not blame Dr. Leary for all of this. I think he was an important part of it. Such things as Grace Slick and the Jefferson Airplane and the rock groups talking about the glories of drug use. It was a drug world."

I wasn't alive in the 60's so let me answer that question first. The bass is of a higher pitch here as more echoing synths follow. While spacious in its own right, this is not as grandiose as the previous track as the sample about Dr. Leary reappears frequently. Not bad but it doesn't have the same flow or atmosphere as the first track.

For 3 bucks you get some really good progressive numbers. Desert Trip is the star here with its great detail, but The 60's is not bad. Osher is definitely one to watch as his production skills are really growing.

Beatport

Mdk