Posted Image

Artist: Sidhartha

Title: Total Experience EP

Label: Digital Distortion Records

Date: December, 2010

1. Total Experience

2. Sumharla

3. Epileptic (Sidhartha Remix)

Imagine you could work for a while, then decide to...I don't know, take 3 years off. That's what it seems like this label did. After releasing some really good compilations (Work It Out and Adventures on the Dancefloor) they didn't produce a thing for almost 3 years. 3 whole years. It's not like they put out some turds and decided to close up shop. They were on a roll. None of my business really, I'm just glad they are back. I recently reviewed Wizack Twizack's Breeze of Heaven EP that these guys put out so they seem not to have lost a step.

This is Nuno Francisco Santos from Portugal and he has been rather busy. His debut Reverse Mode was pretty good and then in 2008 he upped the ante with his 2nd album Bio Rhythm and in the same year released Versus Galaxy. Lately I thought he has been getting a little more commercial, but he has some credibility in the bank with me, so I'm always willing to give him a chance. His style is twilight and he loves to wield the acid broadsword. Right up my alley.

Posted Image

This ain't fast pitch softball sweet cheeks.

Total Experience- The beat is good and it ain't long before he brings out the acid leads in true groovy style. There is talk of extra terrestrials in a staggered tempo change and then right back into the comfortable glove of 4/4 time. The bass becomes a footrace as it dares you to keep up. I like it a lot. He does the tempo change thing again at the 2nd break with a little build up (grits teeth) but it works out well. Very nice Nuno...very nice.

Sumharla- In the same style he lets stabs echo as the bass line sets things up. He has always been able to make you want to move and there is no exception here. The leads are juicy and firmly packed as my flight to Jamaica...

Posted Image

Oh, c'mon how are they supposed to get the drink cart by?

The lasers and acid wash over me in a cascade of deliciousness as it gets really intense. Love it. You do what you do Nuno. Great job!

Epileptic- This is a track done by Tube from his album Personality and his music has been hit or miss for me. Sometimes he comes up with a stormer and sometimes I don't know what the f*ck he's doing. Now if IRC, this was one of Tube's better efforts but I had to listen to it again to compare. It sounds great with a whole lot of things going on. Lots of sounds, pretty loud to be honest, but not uncomfortably so. It's not bad, but doesn't hold up to the other 2 tracks. Prefer the original as it seemed deeper and more of the storytelling variety.

The best track on here is Sumharla followed by Total Experience in my opinion. He still has the knack to move you and if you like crazy acid ridden psytrance then check it out.

Beatport

Mdk