3. Age of love

4. Fight Club

5. The music of yourself

6. Sweeping up (Osher Remix Live Edit) - Symphonix

7. Miles and more

8. Beauty Free

9. Backspace

10. Alcohol and Buzz

I have to say that I was looking forward to hearing this one. When I was just getting into the psychedelic genre I came across an album called Emtion in Motion. This was Ananda Shake's debut back in 2005 and it was like most discs at the time: some really great, powerful tracks and some pure WTF moments. With each consecutive album however, the quality began to dip. Finally, by the time The World Is Yours came out, well...

Posted Image

Yeah, I was pretty horrified. Osher is back on his own and after some quality progressive results like his track on the Beach Atmosphere compilation I think he has hit his stride. Instead of bringing you the latest in commercial disappointments that Ananda Shake has come to signify, he delivers a wonderfully melodic progressive experience that shows some true talent.

Staring At The Moon- "We didn't understand how a human could spend so much time staring...."

Sometimes the best thing you can do is keep it simple. Easy grooves with sound effects can go a long way to setting up atmosphere and here he wields a sharp scalpel. The melodies are eerie and echo lightly over the very simple bass that changes key. So tasty!

Twilight- "You can't trick us, you know."

More simplicity that works wonders. Washes, bass line and dreamy effects. A deep and very emotional break left me floating in the clouds. This was another wonderful track.

Age of Love- This one was a little more aggressive with slightly harsher sounds, but was still trip-inducing. Less grandiose, I would say.

Fight Club- Another track in the psy-gressive vein which wasn't as impressive. It plodded along and wasn't as deep as the previous stuff.

The Music of Yourself- "I remember when I was in the special forces.."

A slow burner, this one bounces along and picks up steam. When the break arrives, the melody is epic and really sounds great above the churning synth. I liked it, and before I knew it the track was over.

Sweeping Up (Osher Remix Live Edit)- Here he takes on a Symphonix track, again applying the keep it simple formula. A lead climbs as effects ring all around. Another melody echoes softly in the distance and still has some power in it. Good job!

Miles & More- Filtered leads and effects are all over this track with lots of layers. And then just like that...he deconstructs. Very deep with numerous sounds that really come together well. The way he twists that lead it sounds almost like a distorted guitar. Groovy, melodic and hypnotic. Great track!

Beauty Free- This is an awesome track. Sliced up synths careen from the left and right creating beautiful melodic lines. It is super danceable with a rich and vivid break. Like trickling water in a forgotten grotto. Tremendous!

Backspace- Inevitably there has to be a letdown after the previous track and unfortunately it's this one. This one isn't bad, but compared to Beauty Free, well it's like getting eating Hershey bar after you just got a bag of Kit-Kats. I like Hershey, but...it's a f*cking Kit-Kat man. Animals could die from eating them, but they are so good they don't give a sh*t. Don't believe me?

Posted Image

It's like crack bi*ches.

Alcohol A Buzz- And with the final track a great way to end what has been an eye opening ride by Osher. Melodic, smooth like a milkshake. Bouncy, bouncy.

Has this talent been there all along? This was an excellent artist debut and in my opinion he is wasting his time making psytrance. Instead of creating generic and commercial crap, he should be concentrating on music that is passionate (no, you're gay!) and brimming with emotion. He has great skill in taking the listener from multiple layers to just the bare bones building atmosphere by the truckload. Great job Osher! I can still make fun of Ananda Shake though right? Right?!?

Posted Image

Psyshop

Beatspace

Goastore

Mdk

• 2 weeks later...

It's a pretty nice release, at the moment the number 1 in psyshop chart. We have here something between progressive, and full music, like ovnimoon can do these day. There is not a strong theme in each track but there is quality, it's a solid work. I like the track 5 "The Music Of Yourself" good bassline and nice break with beatiful melody like you said trance2moveU.

at Trance2moveU : the gif animation disturb me to read your review :) and i don't understand, you said he wast his time to create psytrance music and after you said it's a good music, great job. So you liked or what ?

at Trance2moveU : the gif animation disturb me to read your review :) and i don't understand, you said he wast his time to create psytrance music and after you said it's a good music, great job. So you liked or what ?

I don't care for his psytrance with Ananda Shake. His progressive leanings are quite entertaining. I feel his forte is in the progressive arena rather than in psytrance. Did you hear the last Shake album?

Turrrrrible.

Mdk

I don't care for his psytrance with Ananda Shake. His progressive leanings are quite entertaining. I feel his forte is in the progressive arena rather than in psytrance. Did you hear the last Shake album?

Turrrrrible.

Mdk

Ah ok, i understand, i don't like Ananda Shake, i prefer this release, like you ;)

oh and other thing, continue to review like you do, thank a lot !

• 1 month later...