Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Rabdom L

Title: Katalyst EP

Label: Nexus Media

Date: October, 2010

1. The Katalyst

2. Stratusfear

Some labels are just blind buy type of stuff. Well, that is until you get burned. So far labels such as Suntrip, Timecode, and Nexus Media fit that idea to a T. They consistently release quality tunes, so much so that I am always anticipating their next album. It is run by sHiFt and Slug and their most recent release was the stupid good Midnight Storm 4 - Acid Rain. This came out last year, but I just became aware of it as I don't think it was promoted very well.

Rabdom L is Craig Hudson who has been killing it as of late. Twilight music all the way true to the South African style.

The Katalyst- Dark, dark, dark...just the way I like it. The leads are modulated and scratching sounds echo off the walls. Alien tiptoes skitter from the light like roaches with the light on. Plenty of breaks to allow the track to gather ammunition for a nice assault for the climax. Good track.

Stratusfear- 10 minutes? You guys set yourself up with tracks that long. This is a collaboration with Deliriant, another Cape Town resident whose album Chemistry was a monster. This is another cracker that lets the leads fly! There are several lead changes to keep it interesting while the groove hits a high note. Both breaks have a cool fade in approach that was unexpected. Loved the pads at the end. Liked it.

I think South African trance just sounds better. Their production is top notch and crystal clear. This is no exception. The beat is punchy and even though it is dark melody isn't lost. Good EP if you are into this style and it's only 3 bucks. So what the hell are you waiting for?

Posted Image

Beatport

Mdk