Jirah - Pretty Chaos EP

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Jirah

Title: Pretty Chaos EP

Label: Midijum Records

Date: May, 2010

1. Surrounded In Chaos

2. Surrounded In Chaos (Earthling Remix)

3. Future Dreaming

I picked up a bunch of EP's recently. And by picked up I mean digitally. Some were free and some weren't. This one cost nearly $4.50 at Beatport and I am here to tell you that it wasn't worth it. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Jirah is Tim McCall and he has been doing his thing for quite some time now. At first he was just an afterthought for me, another number in the full-on parade. With more time and tracks on compilations he has steadily taken a step forward with the quality of his music. Like all labels Midijum is taking advantage of the digital EP market. Let's face it, it's a lot easier for listeners to digest an EP and ridiculously more cost effective for the label to release digital format.

So why was I disappointed in this 3 track EP? If you're going to charge me $5 with no physical product in my hand, then it had better have some pretty memorable music. The first 2 tracks could have been interchangeable. Full on without much evolution. They weren't bad, but they also aren't going to set the world on fire.

Posted Image

Don't do that, man...just work harder.

The last track was a lot better, with a thicker sound, but it won't make you throw away your copy of Goapocalipsis. Bottom line is this is pure full on without any of the great detail or descriptive atmosphere that can make that music great. Not bad, but not worth $4.50. Move along...

Posted Image

Beatport

Mdk