4. Hyperchilling

5. Umbra Moon

6. Double Trouble

7. The world of dreams

8. Weaknesses

9. Unfold the secret

10. According to 2012

11. Flood Summer Feelings

Aahhhhh, the Ukrainian label Space Baby Records responsible for Forest Trip by Kyoto, Magic Dew, Deep Into The Woods by Shiva3 and my favorite Goapocalipsis by Alienapia. What I know about the Ukraine you can fit on the head of a pin. I know it used to part of the Soviet Union, but after that....nada. This is what I know of the Ukraine:

Posted Image

"In Soviet Union, sweater wears you!"

Give him a break, it was the 80's a time before most of you guys were even born. He lives in Branson, MO now and is a professor. I use that last term loosely. Well, what else do the Ukraine have to offer...

Posted Image

He's from the Ukraine? He's most people's picture of an American looking cowboy from City Slickers!!!

Posted Image

Wow, Andy Warhol...that's even before my time really. Don't know much about him, only that he seemed weird and scary to me.

Nonetheless, this is Dimitris Dritsas from Greece and even though I have never heard anything from him, I decided to give his music a try. The main reason was any label that could put out the amazing Goapocalipsis, surely won't deliver a turd in the mailbox. The cover seems plenty psychedelic enough so let's see where this goes.

The first thing I notice is the length of the tracks. Obviously with 11 on deck you can't make everyone The Secret of the Thirteen Crystal Skulls. They are short (none over 6 and a half minutes or so) so you get a taste of what he wants to do. I think that is a smart move. This isn't your everyday chill album. For one, it wasn't relaxing per se, but more of a journey of discovery to see what sounds would come next. It is a mixture of genres with influences from all over the map. What really stands out is the drumming, and I do mean drumming as it is realistic as hell. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't touch a drum machine or software for that area.

There are plenty of dreamy parts, but this seems to be music for an overcast day. It's mostly melancholy and allows you to be alone with your thoughts. Elemental carried me away completely and Slo Flow was moved along at a deliciously slow pace. You really get hypnotized by its lack of speed. Like this...

Posted Image

Holy. F*ck. Totally forgot what I was going to say. Or...

Ladies and gentlemen, I have my new avatar!

Double Trouble had a taste of hip-hop in it (not in beat, but in sample) and Unfold the Secret had a tight funky space tribal feel to it. My favorite would be According to 2012 as the lost Mayan city really took hold with a slow and steady tribal vibe. I wouldn't call it a great album as there were a few too many tracks that just kinda petered out without being memorable. I would classify this as good, but you will do better with Carbon Based Life Forms and Aes Dana for really detailed and lush atmosphere.

Posted Image

Psyshop

Mdk