6. Data Link - Flegma & Nerso

7. Web of life - Sideform

8. I.P.U. - Middle Mode, Flegma, Nerso & E-Clip

9. Dalimilova Kronika - Hardy.Velves

10. By Human - Ectima

Holy crap, prepare to be buried....

Posted Image

in an avalanche of AWESOME!!!!

Looking at that tracklist I cannot help but have insanely high expectations for this compilation. Having just reviewed the excellent debut by Vertex called Ocean, I knew that I had to have this. This label has been quite impressive lately functioning as a one stop shop when it comes to production, mastering and artwork. Pretty slick.

Soul Search- This is Vladimir Mihajlovic and he has released a bunch of EPs as well as his album Liquid on Iono Music in 2010. He apparently likes to take inspiration from a lot of genres in creating his music. Well, good for him. He drops a housey beat with a wicked groove that speaks of sunshine. I didn't need it, but he gave me a sleek break before the 2 minute mark. Swirling pads govern as the rhythm bounces underneath. The main break at 5 minutes has a distant piano melody that does have a searching quality. There's plenty of twinkly sounds tumbling from the sky and this track just makes you feel good. Loved it.

Posted Image

Pillow- The comic book villain with the stupid question mark is back with another house groove straight for the shores of Ibiza. Voice on reverb, groovy bass line and trancey lead all make this one comfy pillow. It's short but bouncey and God help me I really like it. It's catchy like a song on the radio that you want to hate, but simply can't do it.

Tutti Frutty- 3 of my favorite projects on one track? Surely this has to suck. But no, the boys pull through with another feel good vibe. Simply nod your head music with a nice evolving break. It's surfing on a sunbeam and is just the perfect fit...like this.

Posted Image

Lost Horizon- I'm still all giddy over the tracklist like a dork at a Star Trek convention.

Posted Image

Wow, that was disturbingly easy to find. The Dragon has produced too many awesome tracks to mention, so I'm on pins and needles to see what he does here. He brings an almost psy-gressive feel with powerful leads and rumbly bass. The chopped up pad is cool but once again he rules the break. Wielding atmosphere like its a spiked club he drives it right to your forehead. Even though it is really short, I loved it. Take what I say with a grain of salt as if you have read any of my reviews for this artist you know what a tremendous fanboy I am.

Ghost- Nikola Kozic is an artist on the rise as far as I'm concerned. This track is deep and detailed and I had to wade through it multiple times to get it all. The delicate synths play off the bass sounds in a nice balance as the bass line churns underneath. The break is nice and airy with lush tones and washes. Another great track.

Data Link-

Posted Image

These guys are really the masters of progressive trance and pairing them up is magic in a bottle. You've got groove, driving bass, and just a swagger that these guys own in spades. The gurgling sounds hit the spot but the break rules. Wide open and atmospheric to the core. My belly is full!

Posted Image

Web of Life- I've heard about 6 tracks from this duo and they were part of that avalanche of awesome. This track has a long setup with nice effects adding depth. The break is very spacious with a loooong bass sweep that I love. A little on the darker side, but still nicely melodic. The final quarter had a cool key change but it wasn't as passion filled as the other tracks. Still great though if you don't compare.

I.P.U.- Can't take...much more....progressive...deliciousness.

Driving beat with super eerie effects again tending towards the darker areas of progressive. It's seems to have a science fiction cyber world feel. There wasn't much evolution but when you have such a good template to start with you don't notice that 7 minutes just went by.

Dalimilova Kronika- His EP Shumska Majka was simply stunning, so I suggest you check it out man. What the hell does that title mean? Is he talking bout the chronic? Whatever man, he's got a wicked pad melody with a funky breakbeat that is very different. There is lots of sounds to weed (see what I did there?) through, but it's really worth it. The best way I could describe this is a very full and lush sound drenched in reverb. Cinematic in scope with a really passionate break. Great track. Almost as awesome as this...

Posted Image

By Human- Now I wasn't a fan of the tech-trance stylings of Ectima so go screw yourself and your hate mail. If you had a puzzle with ten pieces with already nine on the board and when you went to get the final piece, you found out it was a scorpion instead of a puzzle piece...that's how I would describe this track. It's ok and I really liked the break, but...one of these things is not the same.

Posted Image

To me it was a droning tech track that totally undercut the lush feeling of the compilation. Good God what the hell is going on here....

Man this was just a great summertime ride. If you are in the market for dreamy, groovy melodic progressive trance than head on over to TesseracT Studios and check this disc out. Most of the tracks (fine I'll just say it, "except the last one") follow the same atmospheric feel and are very danceable to boot. Look out Iono...nah just kidding. You know I love you, man.

But really, watch out.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Goastore

Mdk