2. Power Consumption - Sinfull Reactions

3. Matacanha (Absolum Edit) - Menog

Part 02

1. Kamidogu (Lost & Found Remix) - sHiFt

2. Organic Laugh - Synergy

3. Complex Theoreme - Ex-Gen & Smashed

9 bucks. What can you get for 9 bucks?

Posted Image

Well, I can go to the movies here...by myself. And I better eat before I go because with a 400% markup of refreshments I won't be able to afford a f*cking Kit-Kat.

If I can dig another buck of spare change out of the couch (Ewww...how long has that been there?) and get a pizza.

Posted Image

And you're going to put it back in the box and...f*ck it, I'm hungry.

Posted Image

It's been a while, but I think that is slightly more than 9 dollars worth of weed...

For less than 9 bucks you can have these 2 EPs. I found them on Beatport and since they are from 3D Vision I know they are quality. I didn't even listen to the samples...didn't have to. There are 3 tracks on each one and they were put together by Absolum, otherwise known as Christoph Drouillet, the co-founder of Transwave. If you don't know who that is then what the hell are you doing here? Wait...he used to be a lawer? And now he produces psytrance? He must a made a boatload of cash before taking that plunge.

Part 01

Invisible Invaders- "Your scientists...think that the Moon is a dead planet. That it is uninhabitable. It is not. But now you are approaching the space age. We have controlled the Moon since then and have made it an impregnable base for our space ships. My people will come to your planet..and inhabit the bodies of other dead Earthmen. We have never been defeated."

This is a boatload of Spaniards and...hold up I just gotta post this...

Posted Image

"My name is Inigo Montoya...you killed my father. Prepare to die." He's Spanish, right?

Anyway, it's those guys and whoever the hell Smashed is with an absolute ripper of a track. Twilight all the way with screaming synths and a must dance attitude. It's super powerful with some cool samples in the breaks and typical 3D insane leads. Awesome start!

Power Consumption- "The only thing that can defeat power, is more power. That is the one constant in the universe. However, there is no point in power if it consumes itself."

Portuguese brothers level their laser cannons at you with a damaging assault. The break allows the above sample to unfurl and boy does it with some pretty searing leads. It's a scraping acid wash ride by the seat of your pants. Get out your dancing shoes.

Matacanha (Absolum Edit)- The lawyer steps in remixing a track from Menog's album Musically Speaking. I don't know what it is but the bass line in his tracks just seems to have more punch. Acid arrives in a deluge right to the break which fosters a new lead with a computer voice. Groovy, oh yeah. The pads fill this thing out in the 2nd break and that's when it really takes off. The lead melody snakes this way and that, taking a filtered beating. Just the way I like it. Thumbs up!

Part 02

Kamidogu (Lost & Found Remix)-

Posted Image

Wow, the balls on this guy remixing one of the best twilight stompers ever! Is the original really 6 years old? You f*ckers are old. Kudos to him though, because he f*cking killed it. Super intense yet still very detailed storytelling. It's hard to say whether this was better than the original. Think of it like this...if a shotgun can put a hole in you, well, what do you think two barrels will do?

Posted Image

Organic Laugh- This is the only thread that is keeping me from writing CPU off entirely. Sure his music has blown massive chunks lately, but when he teams up with Cristoph it is magic. Banging hyper-trance with that dark edge is how I would describe this. It's a bit of a grower as it takes until 4 minutes for the ominous melody to arrive, but arrive it does with fury and hate. The break gives a breather, but it is short and before you know it you are at Defcon 4. Driving and pretty straight forward. Good stuff.

Complex Theoreme- "It represents the most intriguing human carrier ever discovered to date. It's like it's evolving at a rapid pace. It's becoming...something else."

This is the same bunch that brought you the Invisible Invaders from Part 01 of this series. And they deliver with a thumping beat...and I mean thumping...I thought my subs weren't going to be able to handle it. It was like this...

Posted Image

with a little bit of this....

Posted Image

followed by a whole lot of this....

Posted Image

:blink:

It took me at least another 45 minutes to continue this review.

The acid lead is chaotic at its finest with a nice break to heighten the tension. There is plenty of spooky hi-tech effects to drench you in atmosphere, but mostly it's about heavy beats with a glorious groove. Enjoy this one.

So for less than nine bucks you can rock out with your c*ck out. These tunes are the finest high energy twilight music you can get. Absolum did a great job putting these gems together and if I had to pick one, the 2nd one seemed more intense to me. Whichever you choose, you shan't be disappointed. Rek O Mended.

Beatport

and some more Beatport

Mdk