3 Distance Unknown (Erot rmx) / Monoque

4 Chillnerd / Seamoon

5 Before The Morning Sun (Irukanji Remix) / Senzar

6 Long Way Home / Sputer

7 Therapy Pudding / Vonoom

8 Sleep Paralysis / Sputer

9 Convolution / Aedem

10 Within the Grapes of Soul / Bob Tracker

The word drop can have a lot of meanings.

Posted Image

Anime...that is some whacked out Sh*t.

Posted Image

Am I going to hell because I find it so funny when this type of crap happens to kids? And check out grandpa...he's like, "Well, Johnny you shouldn't have provoked him." Like this happens every week. If a kangaroo dropped kicked my kid, that marsupial would be on the dinner table.

My favorite...

Posted Image

I've spent over $200 in dry cleaning in three days.

Regardless of how you mean it something is going down. And here, sound is going the downtempo route. From the psychos who brought you Kubensia this is their first chilled out effort. Now when I got the compilation, I looked at the tracklist and was like...

Posted Image

You don't know how long I've been trying to work Gary in here. Anyway, I was like, who the f*ck are these people. I've heard of Lauge and Baba Gnohm because their EP Monolith was outfrikkenstanding. The rest...well, sometimes people can surprise you.

Snowflake (Seamoon Remix)- Man this sounds like water dripping amidst the glaciers as a beast stirs deep beneath the ice. You can hear the ice cracking. So cold and alive with movement in the dark. You can hear it, but you cannot see what is out there. With a tribal yell the beat slowly churns as the effects deepen the feeling of isolation. Awesome!

Odd- These guys produced the awesome Monolith EP and they continue their fine work here. Soft tones chime above floating pads in the grand Vangelis tradition. With a trip-hop beat a mournful guitar wails delicately by. An LSD sample sounds off, but it is neatly tucked into the background not becoming overwhelming. The whole track is decidedly cotton candy sweet but a delicious guilty pleasure.

Distance Unknown (Erot remix)- I've heard 4 tracks from Erot and they've all been pretty good. This has wide, interweaving pads and a shimmering lead that catches the sunshine just right. The sounds balance out perfectly with neither the high nor the low dominating, but work in tandem. No unexpected twists, but a good solid tune.

Chillnerd- Hey, it's Seamoon again. He produces a worldly effort with flutes, tribal percussion, frantic synths. It's quite busy, with electronics bouncing off the real world instruments. Makes you want to find your inner nerd...excuse me I need to fix something on my computer. Hey..hey, don't you take that picture!

Posted Image

Before The Morning Sun (Irukanji Remix)- Truly spacey with a slow deliberate groove that keeps the head bobbin. The percussion jogs like a marathon runner as the pads float calmly by, taking it all in. This has sunshine written all over it. Even when the pace seems to increase, the beat remains the same. Very positive and I enjoyed it a lot.

Long Way Home- Ummm....this thing is all over the place. One minute it's got happy unicorns sh*tting rainbows and then it switches midstream and becomes a deep, brooding sad sack. Near the end I thought I was bumping some Jan Hammer. I just got off the phone with my boy and he was like...

Posted Image

Therapy Pudding- I love pudding. And this is chocolate with a caramel groove. Want some funk with that? Floating vocals with a breakbeat is quite tasty. The bass thumps as the break really stretches its legs with a very smooth interlude. Skittering synths and warbling leads sound really nice. This is sitting on the beach in the afternoon in Jamaica with a recreational...whatever in your hand. Really liked this one.

Sleep Paralysis- With an interesting sample describing (wait for it...wait for it...) sleep paralysis, Sputer is back with a calming vibration. Plucked strings mingle with synths in a hypnotizing fashion. As a cascade of synths rain down, another sample fits well with the methodical clicking of the beat. Super relaxing.

Convolution- This one was a little to hectic for my tastes with it's fast arpeggios and overall loudness. It wasn't relaxing and came across as just...deal with it. I think I need to revisit this...

Posted Image

Within The Grapes of Soul- With an ambient closing, twinkling synths interplay with deep synth strings in true suspense movie fashion. It crawls along slowly and to be honest sounds a little thin. It's eerie with falling strings and the portamento type effect. Nothing spectacular but a nice way to close I suppose.

Well, that was really all over the place. Some nice relaxing and emotional tunes and some that stressed me out. Lauge and Baba Gnohm are the stars here, but most everyone else had some good ideas. I felt the flow was off, but maybe that's just me. I don't believe it is essential, but I'm glad I have it as it is a good downtempo compilation. Recommended.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Goastore

Mdk