Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Painkiller and Lost & Found

Title: Transmit EP

Label: Nutek Records

Date: December, 2010

1. Transmit

2. Serious One

Oh f*ck, Nutek didn't get their stink on these artists did they? I'm sorry if you like this label, but they are responsible for kicking me in the pills. How so? Let me refresh your memory...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cut and paste, build-up ridden, commercial pablum....To this day I swear aliens abducted

Samy Guediche and replaced him with God knows what because know way would a guy responsible for Computer Error make Eat It. Now to be fair I haven't heard their latest stable of artists, but what I have heard wasn't that impressive. Painkiller (Roy Engel) and Lost & Found (Gerhard Olivier) are two great projects that are hyper energy and intensely melodic psytrance producers. I cannot wait for Gerhard's album, as it seems like it is taking forever.

And what I feared would happen has come to fruition. Transmit is not groundbreaking by any means, as we have heard it before, but it is funky. Good rhythm and drive with a sweet, undulating break. There are a few buildups, but no deal breakers. Serious One takes a while to get going and when it does there really ain't much to see. I would even call this track...boring. It seems that Nutek has indeed sullied the creativity of these artists. I would pass on this as it's not anything special and a warning to Gerhard: get the hell away from this label before they turn you into CPU.

Beatport

Mdk