Label: Blue Hour Sounds

Date: December, 2010

1. Pandora Jungle

2. Knoff Hoff

Josef Hofinger does not look like this to my knowledge:

Posted Image

or this:

Posted Image

Jeez, those guys could be twins. And I don't think this is him either, especially since he is dead:

Posted Image

What they all have in common is that they are from that creative mecca we call Austria. I've been to Vienna and it seemed like a very cool city. Josef released and album waaaaay back in 2007 that I have somewhere in my house called Da Capo Al Fine but more recently dropped three absolute smashers on the Temple of One compilation (reviewed here). Super intelligent and detailed psytrance is what I would call his style. Pandora Jungle has that foresty glue that gets stuck on you immediately, with its deep ripples. It is super liquid and alien sounding with skittering effects and could easily be an awesome foray into goa. Originating from the dark forests of Sweden with its squirts and it reveals its melody right at the end. Knoff Hoff is no less driving with lots of bubbling effects and groovy bass lines to munch on. There are lasers and eerie melodies with more rhythm than your grandma at church.

I like where his head is and love his style. Melodic, groovy and pretty dark. His twinges (if you can call it that) of the forest are also well played. I hope he releases more stuff because it is how psytrance should be done. Hmmm...I need to find that album of his, it's around here somewhere....

Juno

Mdk