Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Etic

Title: Plan B EP

Label: Digital Nature

Date: December, 2010

1. Plan B

2. As It Happens

I came across this digital release recently and picked it up without giving it too much thought. I had liked some of his work previously, but to be honest I wasn't expecting that much. I love a good surprise. This is Etay Harari and he has released 4 albums which were fine, but nothing to write home about. He produces music in both the progressive trance and downtempo arenas and what I noticed right away is somebody has been practicing. These two tracks were very smooth progressive trance with a ton of mellow, laid back atmosphere. Plan B has a truly massive intro with bass sweeps and delicate ringing tones that make me think of Iono Music stuff. Lots of echoes as the track takes its sweet time making sure to get just the right feel. Total other galaxy vibe as it slowly unwinds. As It Happens is a little bit more pared down and it also evolves slowly. The effects help in getting into the track with stabs and little noises and reverberating sounds. Drifting away is almost guaranteed as it bounces along with a synth that wavers and wobbles.

Like I said, nice surprise. He made 2 tracks that are heavy on atmosphere and really allowed you to delve deep. His effect work was nice, also. 5 bucks for two tracks is a little steep, but if you really like melodic progressive trance it was worth it. I preferred the 1st track myself.

Beatport

Mdk