Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Zyce

Title: L'Apstraction

Label: TesseracT Studio

Date: December, 2010

1. L'Apstraction

2. Illustration

Tesseract Studio has their toes in a lot of pools. They do most of the cover design for their releases and have their own mastering studio. Since it is damn near impossible to survive releasing one genre of our music, more and more labels broaden their spectrum to appeal to a wider fanbase. Mind you if the music still sucks than I don't care how many different genres you purport to produce, sales are going to suffer. Ep's have been a good thing for labels, as they give you a taste of what the artist is about, a tease if you will. If you like it, well, you're more likely to buy more from that particular artist aren't you?

Zyce is Nikola Kozić from Serbia and his album Transgressive was a great progressive trance ride. He has the talent to make big spacious tracks that are not short on melodies. Meditative music without being chill if you get me. Well this is no exception. Since there are only two tracks I will give you a summary of what you're going to get. A nice steady beat and slowly evolving melodies that twist and turn. There is plenty of reverb and washes to add volume to the track. The tracks have the Iono music style of echoing washes and percussive sounds with oodles of reverb. The breaks are smooth with plenty of the above sounds which just thicken the whole effort. The last third puts it all together and allows it to hit its stride. Illustration is a little more melodic and carries more of an outer space vibe, but still has the same characteristics. I actually liked that one better.

It is a nice little EP and pretty cheap so not much to lose. If you enjoy melodic progressive trance then I would recommend it.

Beatport

Mdk