Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Nerso

Title: Timeless

Label: Synergetic Records

Date: December, 2010

1. Timeless

2. Existence

This is Dragan Matic from Serbia who...wait a sec..when I hear his name I think of this guy:

Posted Image

"I must break you..."

"If he dies...he dies"

So many classic quotes from that movie and it was also home to one of the greatest 80's montages ever. With high tech training and of course a healthy dose of steroids Drago takes on all natural (Yeah, sure he was...) Sylvester Stallone in a metaphoric battle to finally show which nation of the cold war is supreme. What were we talking about?

Dragan (whom I shall forever refer to as The Dragon!) is an extremely talented producer of progressive trance. His style is one that is super liquid and emotive with fantastic melodies, so whenever I see an EP of his I grab it up. He has been on so many compilations I have lost track and his effort Opposite last year with Flegma was outfrikkenstanding.

Timeless- Long, echoing sweeps set this up as cold as the cover when the galloping bass line hits. Soft melodies trickle from behind the bass sweeps, twirling in increasing volume. At the break pads wail sadly as a new synth struggles from below. This track seems sad while at the same time pensive. Not a whole lot of evolution, but he uses what he has and I like it.

Existence- Another cold feeling of isolation as effects ricochet of the bass line. Sounds bubble, so close you can taste it, as a solitary lead weaves its way up and back. The pads provide a melancholic structure during the break, stretching the vibe, giving the track an epic feeling before jumping right back to where it was. Again, not super complex, but with the effects he makes it larger than life.

Not much to say about two tracks. It is a quality EP if you like this type of effect driven melody music. It's really well done and sounds great. I highly recommend it.

Beatport

Juno Download

Mdk