System Sequence - A.R.G. EP

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: System Sequence

Title: A.R.G.

Label: Neurotrance Records

Date: November, 2010

01 - System Sequence - Human Unconsciousness (147 BPM)

02 - X-Avenger - Energisonic (System Sequence Remix) (147 BPM)

03 - System Sequence - A.R.G. (8:05)

04 - System Sequence - The Message (147 BPM)

05 - System Sequence vs Radiophobic - Expanded Mind (147 BPM)

Neurotrance Records is a netlabel that releases free psytrance. Basilisk is kind enough to post it on his site and we all know what a valuable resource Ektoplazm has become. I have a lot of CDs to review, but every now and then I like to throw a curve and review some of the free stuff. Some of it is very good and when I come across it, that is where these forums become invaluable. There is a lot of music released these days and I like the idea of learning about some cool stuff that I might have missed. System Sequence is Mario Funes AKA DJ Zoer from Mexico and the promo says he specializes in the "hi-tech" area of full-on. Oh, really...

Human Unconsciousness- Holy crap where did this come from? Sweet sweet goa melodies right off the bat! This has laser like leads adding to the chaos and great sound. The bassline is angry as it rumbles unchecked while lasers fire from all points. It really is crazy and might be more than some can handle. Not me. There are short faux breaks, but the craziness doesn't let up. This is like South African Psytrance with a little goa thrown in. Awesomely intense!

Energisonic (System Sequence remix)- It really does sound very cybernetic and future like. Mario drops some minor key pads to up the eerieness, but it ain't long before the acid oozes in. Acid leaves, new leads arrive with a frenetic pace and switching tempo right into a break. He had me until a bunch of build ups with machine gun kicks are repeated. Still, it sounds so great with acidity on high that I didn't mind that much. Pure power.

A.R.G.- I love the metallic textures and futuristic sounds he uses for atmosphere. The bass thunders as layers of sound are constructed even though I didn't care too much for the lead melodies in the beginning. It's like crazy just for crazy's sake. Still, intense as f@#$ and the break is trippy with it's desolate space ship vibe. A couple of buildups here and there otherwise a great track!

The Message- More cyber sounds put together in rhythmic bliss. Just all out insanity. This is dancefloor music. The only problem I had was the part where it speeds up to stopping...you know what I mean. Other than that, it is punishing. Good track.

Expanded Mind- "The way that I take psychedelic drugs seems very natural to me but then when I describe it to groups of people like this I realize that people have all kinds of styles."

The leads duel to see which is the more twisted as the track builds. This is him Vs yet another person I don't know. Doesn't matter, this is another intense track with leads blasting the ears from every direction with groovy beats. Another slight buildup (stop it) but it was brief and doesn't take away from the blistering quality of this track.

Now this was refreshing. One of my favorite albums of all time in the psytrance genre is Absolum's Inside The Sphere. Why? Because it was able to successfully combine intense energy, with melodic music while adding a palpable atmosphere. It's not that easy to do. Concept can do it and Speedball nailed it as of late. This was a great EP to introduce me to System Sequence and the hi-tech cyber acidic style he wields. Super fast hyper trance that makes you want to get up and dance. If I could offer a small piece of advice...lose the buildups. It kills the flow and I for one hate them. Other than that this was a great EP and let me remind you...it was free.

P.S. What does A.R.G. mean?

Come and get it!

Mdk