Max Pollyul - Concentrate Remixes EP

Trance2MoveU

Posted Image

Artist: Max Pollyul

Title: Concentrate Remixes EP

Label: Digital Diamonds

Date: September, 2010

01. Concentrate (ADHD Mammal Footwork Remix)

02. Concentrate (Excizen Remix)

03. Concentrate (Max Pollyul Remix)

04. Concentrate (Psycho Cowboys Remix)

Ektoplasm is an awesome info, free distribution, free music download hangar on the web that is an invaluable resource. I have been reviewing some things lately, but now that I am running out of dough, (and this site is full of quality music) I am concentrating on releases from Basilisk's site. Besides, he told me to keep them coming. Kinda cool, because I will attempt to review some tunes that I wouldn't normally listen to. Like this release. It is Digital Diamonds 17th release. Never heard of this guy or his track "Concentrate" that is getting the remix treatment.

The first track is a techno-house number with a deep, wet kick that shuffles along. Has a good beat with a drug sample. Normally I wouldn't think much of it, but it the sound quality is nice and it kept my toe tapping.

The Excizen remix is along the same lines with an underwater feel. I'm getting the feeling that the house remixes are more about beat than melody. Still, this has an underground goodness that I can appreciate. That bass sound is sweet.

Max gives his own track the business here, and it has the boom hiss sound that all people who don't listen to electronic dance music make fun of. Not me though, because this is groovy. His use of percussion adds to the beat complexity and makes it more enjoyable. But like the other tracks, it really doesn't go anywhere, just bounces along.

Same type of rhythm with the cutoff knob being fiddled with. The bass is deep which gives a lounge feel. Whether you love or hate house music, this makes you nod your head. Still, without melody lines it seems a little empty.

Not bad I suppose. First off, I am more into the melodic and layer rich music of Goa and progressive trance and also the acid insanity of the South Africans. This will not be confused for that type of music. But it isn't supposed to be. That being said, this was like a nice vacation into groove. Every now and then it is refreshing to step out of one's comfort zone and while this really isn't my cup of tea, it was enjoyable nonetheless. Give it a go...

Ektoplazm link

Mdk