6. Smells like sin spirit
SINFUL REACTIONS

7. We will fly rmx
KHOPAT

8. Recover
AUDIALIZE VS SHUUMAT

9. Shoot the messenger
BRETHREN

When I first saw the title of this disc, I thought this was something that GMS was involved in and was about to steer clear. Then I read the tracklist. Some pretty heavy hitters in there. Spectral Records has been bringing it for awhile now and they always manage to keep it psy when it seems that a lot of other labels have lost their way. Their music is harder with the focus on the beat and making you move. The melody is ever present and is awash in..well, washes and acid laden leads. Whereas a lot of the more commercial psy is full of tired buildups and predictable 8 bar refrains, this label steers clear of that nonsense and just hits you smack in the face. Along with the South African labels, I feel this one is a label that delivers.

And this effort is no exception. All that I described in the above paragraph is here in spades. True to form there is plenty of acid to go around and heavy beats to get asses out of chairs. The samples are clever and add to the tracks instead of dominating it. Well, if you ignore the first tune by Menog. Loved the track but jeez, talk about killing the flow. Concept's "Project Genesis" steals the show with its relentless hammering away at your brain. Good to see a track from this artist again. Audialize and Brain Hunters bring the heat with an acid ridden beast. Very powerful. Shuumat who put this together continues with the aggressive style and bouncy rhythm. Good mover.

Shift can do no wrong in my eyes, so this was a track I couldn't wait to hear. Strangled leads, massive beats and a sonic wall of sound at the end is a reward. Sinful Reactions is on the cusp of some really nice tracks, but as of yet haven't really gotten there yet. With "Smells Like Sin Spirit" they are definitely heading in the right direction. I know it's their take on the Nirvana classic, but it's not the cheesefest it could've been. Raw, powerful, if not very imaginative. I haven't been that impressed with Khopat in the past as I thought he had a lot of unrealized potential. "We Will Fly (rmx)" is him delivering a wonderful track. All the sounds come together to work perfectly with that heavy beat. "Recover" is a non-stop assault on your ears and is what I have been waiting for from Audialize. Brethren closes the compilation with a grumbling, evolving track that combines atmosphere and movement.

So what you get is a compilation of very powerful tracks that will get dancefloor results. Not a lot of variation and the artists are not composing complex masterpieces. But in a scene where quality music is at a premium, this does a great job and comes recommended.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Goastore

Mdk