I once had a psychedelic trance big ass E-Book

Guest Stereo Amp

Guest Stereo Amp

So, i came across a few months ago with a big e-book (pdf) document, that helps understand psytrance, gives tips, not about a reason or some other program, but, about true psychedelic trance, it was big , really huge, with lots and lots of text, and i erased it by mistake, but now, i can't find the god damn thing, does someone have a clue about this e-book, or another related to this ?

thanks

So, i came across a few months ago with a big e-book (pdf) document, that helps understand psytrance, gives tips, not about a reason or some other program, but, about true psychedelic trance, it was big , really huge, with lots and lots of text, and i erased it by mistake, but now, i can't find the god damn thing, does someone have a clue about this e-book, or another related to this ?

thanks

Uh...a bit more information about the book might prove helpful :)

Have you tried something like this? http://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=psychedelic+trance+filetype%3Apdf

Or did you do a goole books/scholar search?

Guest Stereo Amp

Uh...a bit more information about the book might prove helpful :)

Have you tried something like this? http://en.lmgtfy.com/?q=psychedelic+trance+filetype%3Apdf

Or did you do a goole books/scholar search?

well, i just read the firts 3 pages, because it was a long way to go before reach even the half book, but from what i read, it contained the psytrance history, 'sub genres' and all that, but it also has techiques about making psytrance, what we should pay atention to, what should be heard the most in a psytrance track, and a lot more of that...

Maybe you remember all or part of the title ? Of the editor ? Of the author ? Of the language used ? Of how the cover looked like ?

I'm sure I can find it, but please give as many details as you have.

Guest Stereo Amp

Maybe you remember all or part of the title ? Of the editor ? Of the author ? Of the language used ? Of how the cover looked like ?

I'm sure I can find it, but please give as many details as you have.

It didn't had a cover, i didn't see the author (too bad), language, it was english, i don't remember the title, obviously it had to have the word psytrance or something like that in the title, look, it was huge man, huge, so many pages, so many text and words, and it was in pdf, i can't remember nothing more for now, sorry, but it explained very well how to make a track structure, things like that..

Guest Stereo Amp

And was it <cough> downloaded <cough> from the internet ? Torrent ? Newsgroups ? When approximately ?

Yes, i downloaded it from the internet, did a search on google.com and that's when i found it, that's all i remember, sorry man, and it wasn't from torrent download, it was direct link, but try to look also for books on webpages, maybe the book or a part of it is on a webpage, but i'm pretty sure i had it in pdf

Guest Stereo Amp

Please download this extract.

Is that it ?

No dude, sorry, that's about trance, the one that i am talking is all about psychedelic trance and it's essence, etc, and it is a lot, a lot bigger, but thanks for trying man, really appreciate, but why is it so hard to find this -.-

Anyway, i'm going to do more research on it to see if i can find it

Hmm yeah but that's more or less the only book I could find which described a few electronic music concepts in the beginning then shifted to music production course as you descirbed. So I tried my luck.

Have you seen the ToC ? Sure that's not that one ? Was your book more than 173 pages anyway ?

More questions:

- what was approximately the size of the file ?

- was it scanned (pages were scans of the paper) or really the e-book (pages were real text) ?

- did you find it on some music related website or was it just a direct link ?

- do you remember what was the software(s) used in the courses?

- were there photos, was it in color, etc ?

Really, ANY detail you remember may be used.

There's also a possibility: since this forum has a 10-year archive, maybe someone else mentioned it in the past. Did you perfoorm some query here?

@mars: I was just thinkin' if it was possible to make an archive of pdf-files or e- books of psytrance related topics and put it somewhere on psynews. Or is it too much work? I'm willing to help you with finding stuff on the net. I know you have Google to search for it but if you want something in particular, like this e-book, it seems not that easy.

I'd like that, but we have an issue with copyrights. In the end free books would be available, and the others just referenced (or only the covers for instance).

I wonder what's the ratio between free and non-free books?

Guest Stereo Amp

All i can remember is that it was huge man, i don't know if it had more than 100 pages, but it had a lot of text in each page, probably more that could fit a real book, i think it had pictures, i don't know exactly, but if it had, was just a few of them, maybe with some little color, damn i can't remember more than this, sorry dude

it was big , really huge, with lots and lots of text

well, i just read the firts 3 pages, because it was a long way to go before reach even the half book

it was huge man, huge, so many pages, so many text and words

All i can remember is that it was huge man, i don't know if it had more than 100 pages, but it had a lot of text in each page, probably more that could fit a real book, i think it had pictures

Are you American by any chance? Or just a teenager? Or both? :D

Guest Stereo Amp

Please try to answer all my questions.

I did, i can't remember more, but i'm still digging into it to see if i can remember one or another little thing

I did, i can't remember more, but i'm still digging into it to see if i can remember one or another little thing

OK I repeat:

- what was approximately the size of the file ?

- was it scanned (pages were scans of the paper) or really the e-book (pages were real text) ?

- did you find it on some music related website or was it just a direct link ?

- do you remember what was the software(s) used in the courses?

- were there photos, was it in color, etc ?

Guest Stereo Amp

But i already did, look for my anwser some above this post's, and no, it was real texting, no scanning, and it didn't had anything to do with anykind of software or hardware, it was just pure explanations about psytrance, and concepts, etc..