Artist: E-Clip & Flegma

Title: Dynamic Violence EP

Label: Iono Music

Date: May, 2010

1. E-Clip & Flegma - Phantom Traveler [9:04]

2. Flegma & Nerso - Sonic Manipulation (E-Clip Remix) [7:49]

3. E-Clip & Flegma - Antimatter [7:12]

4. E-Clip - Salvation [8:39]

This is a 4 track ep for digital release by Iono Music. This label is the leader in the vast, melodic progressive trance that I love. They have released a whole bunch of quality artist albums as well as numerous well received compilations. Here is their Discogs page, I urge you to check them out.

Flegma is Dalibor Delic & Slobodan Gacesa and E-Clip is Marko Radovanovic and they have released a true gem in this genre. Phantom Traveler floats dreamily along with rich strings, deep bass, and soaring melodies. The breaks are short but effective and you are immediately launched right back into the fray. Perfect track. The E-Clip remix of Sonic Manipulation combines a space sample with a medieval chorus in the beginning that grabs your attention. The detail in this track is very complex with all types of sound textures. The tracks have this stand offish quality that prevents them from becoming cheesy.

Antimatter is rich in atmosphere right form the get go, and is definitely dark. The groove is tight as each new facet of the track is revealed, but it never loses its purpose. The melody explodes in the last 3rd and becomes quite the tale.

Salvation could be a continuation of the previous track as it chugs along because the melodies continue to impress. But it is more than that. The intricate details that when added together create such a vivid ride that I have no qualms in setting the player on repeat. The way they evolve the tune in the break is just breathtaking.

I find it hard to review short EP's sometimes because how many times can you describe what you find in each track. What I mean to say is that this EP is so good, that all the adjectives which would portray how beautiful and moving each track is could be written in one sentence. But nobody would take that seriously. Hell, with what I have written you still might not. Regardless, this is worth the buy if you are into smooth melodic progressive trance that is so detailed it makes you want to cry.

Samples

Mdk