2. Recycled / Deeplomatic

3. Bullet / Yoake

4. All The Way Down / Sphera

5. Body Snatcher / Flegma and Nerso

6. Daydriver / Zyce and E-Clip

7. Practicle Accelerator / Human Gate

8. Lusid Vision / Lucid Sound

9. It's Up To You / 4-Play

It's been awhile since I reviewed anything, but this one prompted me to get back on the horse. Sadhus Records is apparently a brand new label and I cannot find out any information on them. Location, label head...nothing. The cover is what drew me to the album though. That guy has a lot of hair! A Sadhu is, according to the Hindus, a mystic practitioner of yoga...or in this case, of progressive trance. The tracklist reveals a few well known producers of the genre, but most are newcomers. Do not let this dissuade you.

Right off the bat, this is the deep, rich progressive trance that I enjoy. Punchy beats, oodles of melodies and reverb, and sweet percussive stylings. 4-Play opens the show with a very emotive and meditative number, complete with a laid back vibe. Deeplomatic provides a bouncy track with a tasty and rather lengthy break. Delicious. "All The Way Down" begins with thick sweeps and staccato tones from all sides. Dark melodies and a wet groove make this one a pleasure.

Flegma & Nerso continue to impress and deliver another shot of their brand of vast progressive tunes. Driving, with a great mixture of highs and lows. "Daydriver" uses a nice breakbeat before launching into the same style as the previous track. They could almost be the same track, so...double the sweetness! It continues the floating vibe that the disc is soaked with.

"Practicle Accelerator" picks up momentum with deep basses and high pitched whirly sounds. This is swimming with the aliens type stuff as the lead melody winds its way across the ears. "Lusid Vision" shines with its chopped up synths and simple melody. Not a lot of meat in this one, but they way it's put together makes it a very full track. Nicely done.

The final track is a perfect way to end this ride. It seems to have a slower BPM and could arguably be considered almost housey, but it is spectacular. Smooth and warm with a sunset feel that brought a smile to my face. 4-Play does it again! But doesn't it always? ;)

This disc is a worthwhile addition to any progressive trance fans collection and is riddled with the classic Iono Music sound. Not a bad track in the bunch. The many effects aid in a comfortable and atmospheric listening experience. I would say this is the definition of a gem. More of this please!

Psyshop

Juno

Records

Beatspace

Saikosounds

Mdk