Parties and Festival in South America, 2010-2011

advance

Hey,

I'm an avid nature party/festival freak, and I love Israel for having so many of these wonderful events every weekend.

Starting at July, I'll be in South America for a long trip. Ecuador is my first destination, and then I start a "ring" trip that goes south through Peru, Bolivia and Chile and then back northwards through Argentina and Brazil - to finally culminate in Columbia and then move on to Central America, perhaps to finish in Burning Man 2011. :)

So, what I'd like to know now is - what kind of major psytrance festivals are there going to be in South America this year, and early next year? What is a good place to look for info about weekend parties? Where do I look? What do you guys recommend? What shouldn't I miss? :)

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hey,

I'm an avid nature party/festival freak, and I love Israel for having so many of these wonderful events every weekend.

Starting at July, I'll be in South America for a long trip. Ecuador is my first destination, and then I start a "ring" trip that goes south through Peru, Bolivia and Chile and then back northwards through Argentina and Brazil - to finally culminate in Columbia and then move on to Central America, perhaps to finish in Burning Man 2011. :)

So, what I'd like to know now is - what kind of major psytrance festivals are there going to be in South America this year, and early next year? What is a good place to look for info about weekend parties? Where do I look? What do you guys recommend? What shouldn't I miss? :)

Thanks!

Seen this?

http://www.myspace.com/earthfrequencys

• 4 months later...

If you are in Argentina In January 2011 check out the Nirvana Festival. www.nirvanafestival.com

Boom!!!!!

Hey,

Thanks!

• 9 months later...

If you do make it Burning Man be sure to stop by 2 and Coming Out for a bit of Ooligan Alley fun (especially on Thursday!)

www.ooliganalley.co.uk

Ooligan Alley 2011: 2 & C (Coming Out)

Tuesday (30th August) | Magic Beat-Mix-Mash Spectacular

01:00 pm – Cheyenne (live)

02:00 pm – Fede vs Fastly

03:00 pm – Freddie Fellowes

04:00 pm – Roll Players

05:00 pm - Disco Stu (retro set)

06:00 pm – Davi

07:00 pm – Hamish vs Sentient (techno set)

08:00 pm - Krankbrothers

Wednesday (31st August) | Techno House Funk

06:00 pm – Alex Kaas

07:30 pm - *Special Guest*

08:30 pm – Canary Fontaine

10:00 pm – Desyn Masiello

11:30 pm – Disco Stu

01:00 am – Wildkats

02:30 am – Thugfucker

04:00 am – Mayaan Nidam, No Regular Play & Wolf + Lamb vs Soul Clap

09:00 – 10:00 am – James What (live)

Thursday (1st September) | Psy - Prog Trance

06:30 pm – Fastly

08:00 pm – Borris (3rd Empire)

09:30 pm – Grouch (live)

10:30 pm – Electrik and Sm0ke

12:00 am – L S Dave

01:30 am – Avalon (live)

02:30 am – Sentient

04:00 am – Killerwatts

05:00 am – Tristan (live)

06:00 am – Hamish

07:30 – 09:00 am – Fede

Friday (2nd September) Dub-Step Breaks Electronica

06:00 pm – Chris B

07:00 pm – Gladkill

08:00 pm – Dubble Penetration

09:00 pm – Ill.Gates

10:00 pm – R/D

11:00 pm – Sugarpill

12:00 am – Love & Light

01:00 am – Neurodriver

02:00 am – Ben Samples

03:00 am – Freq Nasty

04:00 am – Nervous Interface

05:00 am – Mochipet

06:00 am – Stephan Jacobs

07:00 am – Russ Liquid

08:00 – 09:30 am – GAUDI (live)

Line-up subject to change.

With obscure shenanigans and much of the unexpected, the English Ooligans welcome the eccentric with open arms at Burning Man 2011, with our stage reflected in our music ranging from electro swing to breaks to pumping prog, with the odd early morning whale song and some Tchaikovsky at dawn!

From the epic duo-deca-hedron centre-piece to the 40Kw rectangular sources of aural joy to the mobile cocktail bar, all designed to give back to Black Rock City. We are united in our desire to bring a tongue-in-cheek and sensually provoking corner of surreal silliness to the desert. Have a penchant for Victorian fancy dress and nipple tassels? Cider on ice washed down with a funky bass? Come and indulge your inner Ooligan with musical delights, visual adventures and our own special brand of mischevious mayhem!

Here we go!

:)

• 8 months later...