V/A - Progressive Bunker

RTP

V/A - Progressive Bunker (Panzar Produktionz 2010)

Posted Image

It's the beginning of spring 2010 and this year's progressive music season is going to get started with a blast: Panzar Produktionz' first promo release "PROGRESSIVE BUNKER 2010" is out!

Being a new and fresh underground collective founded in 2009, the members of the Panzar Produktionz community decided to bring this free release out to the public to showcase their sound and talent! And they are releasing this also to make people aware that they are keeping their promise, which was to revitalize the progressive scene with fresh, raw and original material with its own character, far aside from the commercial ordinary that is heard so much these days! Because the real progressive trance of the old days has become silent for a far too long time already. Much of the bite and power of the sound has seriously become diluted and shallow to a great extent with too many club sounds, pseudo-arrogance and fake-sophisticatedness that is around today. It was about time that something changed ... and Panzar Produktionz is bringing you this change!

"PROGRESSIVE BUNKER" is the title of their first official promo compilation. Don't get distracted by the word "promo", this is just an indication that this has been released for everybody to enjoy -- with 8 seriously good tracks on the piece and the sound mastered to perfection you are actually getting real value here!

The founders of Panzar Produktionz themselves are starting off this piece with the first track. PUSHERSTREET - DROGENSTRASSE delivers a "massive" (in the sense of "bass with a lot of mass" -- seriously!) track full of their funky yet raw sound, again with the melody being so tightly structured into the piece you can't seperate it. A wonderfully punchy bassline and the really creatively embedded sounds of marching police forces (I have never heard such a nice approach before, that's why I want to explicitly mention this here) are sure to please your ears!

Second is IN YOUR PHAZE - PHAZING FORWARDS. It's not an easy task to find a connecting element between the first track (Pusherstreet) and the more "traditional" progressive sound, but this track does it quite well. Two elements are characteristic for this sound -- and actually for the whole repertoire of PANZAR PRODUKTIONZ: raw and straight to the point! But even though it is both, it manages to stay funky in its own way. A very good track to work out actually.

Third track is EARDROP - T.H.C. This is now the music which is more sounding like the progressive which is widely known. But even though the effects and sounds are more "traditional", the arrangement is very good. Compared to the massive progression of the other tracks on this compilation, this one is almost floating, with an interesting synth line as a melody that I really like a lot!

Up next is MANTRA FLOW with the track SHADE MACHINE. Mantra Flow has already had a release on Panzar Produktionz entitled "Land of Lysergic", which was great. This one sounds a bit different compared to all other Mantra Flow tracks I have heard so far, it's more focusing on the progressive side of the sound. But that's nothing bad, it's well done and with the changed pace in the middle part it shows some variation and does not get boring. A well executed piece of sound that only underlines the quality of this artist!

The fifth track is PATARA - WALDLAUF. And hey, this is great, I even can hear a bit of the sound of Shiva Chandra in there! Seriously, this describes it best ... Patara is no copycat of course, but it's a very positive sign that to this I can nod my head with a grin on my face just like I did as I was listening to Shiva Chandra. It has some of the same essence, a similar type of progression and approach to effects, which I register with a lot of positivity, because this sound had kind of stopped to exist for me so far. Glad to hear that it's back here!

Sixth track is COMATIC - METHBARON, a hard progressive stomper. There is no melody at all and it's also the shortest track but the progression in its machine-like style mingled with percussive synth effects is actually good, so I don't want to skip this one.

After that you feel like it's time for some kickass. And indeed, it is. The track IN YOUR PHAZE & MANTRA FLOW - BY THE BASE will seriously get your ass moving. It is not so fast, but this is really well executed progressive sound with a massivity in the bass and bassline that is really one of a kind! This music is not focusing on tempo, over-cranked effects or anything else to build up energy, it focuses on sound only! And if you turn up the volume, you will totally feel what I mean. This is the sound of Panzar Produktionz -- it can't be described with words, it must be heard!

Last but not (really not!) least is HOKUS FLOWKUS - KONGA KUNG FU (MAPE RMX). This one totally hit me by surprise because I wasn't expecting such a strong track as a finish. It's fast (compared to the rest), it's intense (in a totally different way), it's tribal (Konga percussion, baby), it's great! This track is creating such an energetic atmosphere that I could well picture the air on the dancefloors will be getting electric ... everything's just fitting in this one, perfect! After such a strong finish, I can just say wow...

Summarized one can say that this is an awesome piece. There are actually no bad tracks at all and lots of seriously good ones. And with the purpose to raise awareness for their special and distinctive type of sound that Panzar Produktionz stand for, this compilation, which is the first one released by the collective, is released as a PROMO and therefore free for everybody to enjoy! And this is the point where I can only strongly suggest this compilation to absolutely everybody, even if it is just for checking out this new progressive sound that is actually capable of turning the scene around! This may seem like big words, but well, one has to do it, after all ... and if you listen to the tracks, you will hear why.

My favourites: 1(!),3,5,7 and 8(!).

RELEASE AVAILABLE FOR FREE UNDER http://panzarproduktionz.com/Download.html

Links:

http://panzarproduktionz.com

http://www.myspace.com/panzarproduktionz

http://www.myspace.com/pusherstreet

http://www.myspace.com/inyourphaze

http://www.myspace.com/themantraflow